Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I learned a new meaning of pain today...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

A staple in the finger has to be one of the worst things I've felt in a long time :eek1: :doah:

2. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

A staple through the fingernail is really bad.

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Like an office staple or one of those big ones?

4. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

I stapled my finger when I was a kid cause I wondered what it would feel like :screwy:

5. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

HAHA, I did the same thing in fourth grade :haha:

6. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

cry about it. i shot a Q25 into my hand 2 weeks ago. pulled it out, went and got a tetanus shot, and went back to work for another 8 hours.

FYI a Q25 is a 2 1/2" long 15ga staple that's about 1/2" wide. shot it over 3/4 of the way into my hand.

7. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I once shot a 16 penny nail into my shoulder once. :eek1:

Don't ask how. :doah:

8. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Don't you hate it when you take a long piece of stiff wire and shove it really far under your fingernail? I hate when that happens.:wink1:

9. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

When I was sewing up my purses I stabbed myself about a hundred times with the needle

I didn;t cry..... too much

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Haha, you have purses...

It was just a regular office stapler... I wanted to know what kind of force the staples came out of there with, so I didn't have it directly on my hand. I just wanted to feel it, but instead I got a staple almost completely inside my finger :crazy:

It hurt like a mother, but didn't bleed much :(

This is what happens when you have a 21 year old with a short attention span at a job where he does nothing but stand around for 7 1/2 hours of his shift and hand him sharp objects... I seriously need to get this awesome poster I saw in a safety product catalog at work... A poster of a guy with broken glasses and blood coming from his eye... Something about "This wouldn't have happened if this guy wasn't a friggin moron!"

I'm paraphrasing of course.

11. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

3" spike into my hand from an air nailer. Friend of mine put a 3" spike through his wrist. A friend of his buried a 3" spike into his knee (walking around with the trigger pulled and the safety defeated)

Wasn't the most pain i've been in, mostly just annoying. My boss pulled the nail out of my hand because he thought I was messing around...the spurt of blood caught him by surpise though. :crazy:

Rene

12. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

They're birthday gifts

Made out of my old pants

13. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i did that with a wood splinter. :eek1: it took three months to grow out. :doah: :mad:

14. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Ill never forget the time i nailed myself to the floor with a nailgun. It was older and had the safely disabled, i stood up and for some reason bumped the trigger when getting up. I thought to myself "boy, that would have sucked if you had hit somebody, better be more careful". I disconected the air hose, went to set it on the table behind me, and quickly realized that I couldnt move my left foot. Look down and right smack dab in the middle of my boot is a nice shiney nailhead. :doah:

It didnt really hurt at first, i knew what had happenned but really couldnt feel it, until we got the crowbar out, that sucked. The tetanus shot wasnt exactly a blast either, but i will take 100 of those over a nail through the foot any day of the week.

15. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Pain is our bodys way of saying "hey dumass, don't do that again". Almost 30 years ago, I got blown up by an anti-tank mine, backed over by a tank and set on fire by an exploding diesel tank, all in less than 60 seconds. I am told I did ALOT of yelling that day, but I really don't remember.

16. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

wow. somebody was looking out for you! :eek1: any permanent injuries?

17. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Plastic kneecaps, and some scar tissue, nothing hideous though.If the mine had been an AP, it probably would have killed me. If the ground had been hard and dry, instead of 2 feet of muck, the tank would have flattened me, and I could not have rolled in the mud and put out the fire. Guess I wasn't sposed to die that day. Actually, that whole incident gave me a better outlook and attitude towards life. It has really helped me decide what is serious or frivolous. A bullet whizzing by your ear is serious. Some idiot calling me names is not worth blinking an eye over. Life is all about priorities, and fortunately, I got this wake up call at 19 years of age.