Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I let us all down.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Jun 25, 2006.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I raced tonight and got eliminated on my 2nd run by a Ford. I apologize for disgracing all Chevy owners. That is all.

2. chvymudin3388

chvymudin3388 1/2 ton status

god man how could u do that naw im messin with you. it happend. so wat did happen?

3. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Went to the monster truck show at the fairgrounds tonight. I brought my current most used daily driver Yellow '84 Chevy truck to enter it cause it runs and I don't have to do anything to it to make it operational.

As shown in the picture our group that drove out together-
    The Red Ford, Brian's '86 Jimmy, [don't know the ranger guy], my yellow '84 Chevy, and Bob's Jeep. Jimmy's truck is behind mine in the 1st picture, and its the brown multi-colored truck in the 2nd picture. I went over and helped him fire it up last night for the 1st time since it was rebuilt.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Classing people was an over-dramatized disaster, with Jim, Brian, and Bob all being in the V8 Class. I went and was able to bump back down to the Stock class considering I had a used all stock 350 out of a Suburban with no mods except chrome valve covers and an Edelbrock carb.

It was single elimination, two short under 100ft mud pits rather shallow.

I ran my first run against a stock height '68-'69 Chevy on 33" Swampers and won. I also had what seemed to be the smoother and faster left lane. So I went back around to run against another winning truck from the stock class, a mid-70's shortbed Ford on 33's.

I had 35" BFG's, open diffs, 3.73 gears, and ran 4-low and 3rd gear. I went and got the right lane this time. I was slow off the line and got my butt kicked, and went over and parked in disgrace. The green shortbed Ford went on to lose against a longbed green Ford truck of about the same year, and that guy won all the cash for the class.

Oh well, at least I got two runs for my 50 bucks it cost to enter. Glad I did another scrap radiator run yesterday to pay for it.

Bob and Jim ran against each other and it was close but Jim won. You figure Bob is in a wheelchair and operates brake and throttle through hand controls and this was his first straight line race, so he did pretty good. Then Jim lost his 2nd run to a high HP V8 Jeep. Brian ran 4-low with a 700R4/208, 4.88 gears and 37" Swampers and didn't shift out of 1st gear to 2nd in time and lost by a hair to a Ford (debatable we think). Jim's co-worker in the Red Ford had his front auto hubs act up again, and had to get pulled out cause 4-wheel wasn't working.

After all of our group was eliminated, we finally got the video camera to work right. All of our runs didn't get recorded.

We then watched the winners bracket compete, with Karen winning the V8 class in the 350 powered Purple Jeep, and Dave winning with his 505ci motor he ran in his S-10 bodied rig- but since he rolled it last weekend, he spent 1 day swapping all the drivetrain from the rolled S-10 to his Chevy shortbed truck that had a snowplow on it yesterday and won the Super Stock class and fastest time of all the rigs out there.