Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I like John McCain

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big94gmc, Nov 11, 2005.

1. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

I can't quite put my finger on it, but....I wish this man would run for President. I mean, war hero, POW, congressmen, senator....and the way he handles himself - I feel this is area American. I know he ran for the Presidential candidacy back in 2000 and didn't get it, but I wish he'd run agian. I'd work for him. :bow:

$.02

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Don't really like his politics and for someone like him who's been what he's been through to have the desire to hold the Office of the President of the United States seriously makes me question his mental status..............................

With that, I'm still undecided about him as a leader.

3. mcinfantry

mcinfantry 1/2 ton status

i dont feel he takes a strong enough stand on some issues ESPECIALLY after what he went through

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

He has charisma... I don't know his politics too well, but I think there were some issues I disagree with him on. But, there are issues I disagree with Dubya on, but I still support him.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

he leans way to far to the left IMO. He's also VERY ready/willing to negotiate away his (supposed) priniciples in the name of "getting along" with the democraps. He reminds me alot of James Baker that way...

j

6. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Interesting....

7. Jimbo*

Jimbo* 1/2 ton status

Tread lightly on McCain, he thinks the United Nations is just wonderful, and believes there is no reason for any citizen to own more than two firearms.
    NO
    Jimbo

8. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

My sentiments exactly.

9. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

John McCain has said that his only constituency is the media. He's not a conservative at all. He openly dislikes the conservative christian base that elected Bush. He is a Republican In Name Only, or RINO.

As has been said, he loves the UN and gun control. to me, his vietnam experience is irrelevant, if all of his positions are designed to elicit support from the democrats and the media.

He's a guy we don't need.

Tom

10. rumbly truck

rumbly truck 1/2 ton status

Granted, but read his book. He came from a very good family as far as millitary service. His grandpa served under Bull Halsey in wwll. His dad run a submarine in the pacific at the ripe old age of 25, his story of millitary service is quite well worth reading. I wouldnt vote for him for pres though.But a true hero deserves his respect, imho.

11. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Oh, yeah.. that aspect of him I do look up to. I also like the fact he doesn't rub everyones nose in the fact he was a POW. He campaigns on his issues and ideas. ( However misguided and wrong I think they might be ) ... big change from kerry, who was just there long enough to film his campaign commercials, and lie about everything when he came back.

Tom

12. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Maybe that's where my respect for him comes from.... I'm not too familiar with him as a political figure, though. In retrospect, maybe he shouldn't be President so much as he should just be a role model/public figure.

Yea, that's it.

13. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Ronald Reagan Jr. came from a good family too.......

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I kind of tread lightly concerning McCain. You could probably say that he got some special favors during his early Navy days, at the time he was a POW, his dad was the Chief of Naval Operations, please correct me if I'm wrong but he was high up. But being a POW under those conditions earns my respect pretty much. But like I've already said, I don't like his politics and they do say that life experience tends to help a man formulate his thoughts.....................

15. rumbly truck

rumbly truck 1/2 ton status

I wouldnt doubt the favor thing . The North vietnamese tried to get him to go out of turn on prisioner releases. He wouldnt do it though, his dad was in charge of the navy in the pacific at the time also. In the last election i was wondering if he was going to run as vp with kerry. I just have a soft spot for vets , let alone ones that went through hell in the service of our country. But dont get me wrong, i dont want him representing me , as president of the country . Next time you get a look at him, look at all the bumps and lumps on his head. They were earned in north vietnam

16. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

McCain supporting Bush's re - election was the only time I can think of that McCain actually supported his party. Of course, bush signing the Mcain - Feingold ( campaign finance reform ) bill had something to do with that.

Tom