Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i like my '77 k-10, i like cruising around in it :D

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by R72K5, Mar 10, 2006.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

well after replacing the worn out rod end at the pitman arm- and therefore tkaing the slop out of the steering- i had fun today
    really got to cruise the rig a bunch around town and such today,
    i really like how it rides/drives/sits- it feels/seems heavier than just a lil 1/2 ton when youre driving it but yet at the same time it drives easily/great, and i love it, its like perfect to me, no problem at all, and to me thats hard to find, and i am actually surprised and tickled :D :D

i think i am just going to keep the 33 x 12.50's on it and trim the fenders or something so they dont rub anymore, too bad the tires are so quiet though,

i love how some ppl when they hear it coming the will stop what they are doing and turn to look and watch the truck as im cruising by- even though its just an old chevy 4x4- dont see one rolling around very often in this town, quite uncommon

will get some "will you sell it" questions often i know,
    thats how it is around here, already have ppl showing up that i havent seen for a while, just wanting to "check in"

yeah i know what they wanna check

only like three more minor things to fix on this one and it will be "perfect"

but to me it already was perfect, when i first saw it a few days ago, instant instinct to snag it up right then and there
    :DD

it has solid floors and pretty decent rockers for IL anyways, and its not all beat up dented and stuff like a truck this old normally would be, and even all the original wood grain cheyenne interior is all intact still :D and the original numbers matching sbc400 and redone th350 :D

this one is my keeper :D

now to sell the other stuff out here

i love chevies :D
    i need chevy trucks anonymous please thanks

tell me about when you came across your favorite "ultimate" keeper rig :D

yes i am wierd,

its ok

i have been this way for a long while

heh

Last edited: Mar 10, 2006
  2. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

http://truckworld.tenmagazines.com/mygallery.ten?id=9814 I haven't updated it in a while so these pictures were taken back in August. Since then, the previous owner's shotty body work (bondo over rust) has deteriorated so I hae huge rust spots. Check out my truck, I can't get enough of it. Since my suspention broke last week I have been going through with-drawral. For the past week I have been driving my sister's **** box, a Chevy Prizim with an exhaust leak. I guess I don't realize how sweat my truck is until I can't drive it. Oh well the neighbors are happy. :D

I love when people stop what they are doing to watch me drive by. Makes me feel special.;)

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

damn straight [​IMG]

4. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

I can't wait to drive my 77 K10 again!! Its been about 8months or so. Just put a new motor in and it has a miss when you rev it. So once i get an exhuats sytem hooked up ill be able to hear it and myself think so hopefully soon!

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

been a while since i have seen you on here... where ya been?