Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I like my truck's pulling power

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 1985K20, Jun 8, 2005.

1. 1985K20

1985K20 1/2 ton status

Have to cut some lumber for friends and i tought i'd use my truck to help me... :eek:

Man they can pull allright!

I was cuttin some 10-12 inches diameter trees(20 feet long) then pulling them out of the woods with my baby...Trees diggin in the ground,grabbin other trees...lol! Everything was flying up in the air :grin:

Then i started pullin tree stumps: first was fair size:came right out, so did the second one but the last one I tried never bouged :blush: . I guess all rigs got their limit.

And all that without any lockers, just good tires and a good low range NP208 to put that torque to the ground :waytogo:

Chevy......Like a rock :cool1:

2. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Looks like you could use that cat(feline) to throw a little more weight into it.

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

sweet, they do amaze us sometimes. :grin: :waytogo: i drove up a pretty big rock in my front yard,i thought for sure i would spin on the grass. no lockers here either. :laugh:

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I pulled a lot with my 74 K20...

I pulled the forkloader(1700 Trojan!) at the junkyard out of the mud more than once,of course we had it running and the wheels spinning to help the truck,but it did it!--I also pulled it back to the shop 700ft away when it ran out of diesel fuel once--I had to use low range,but it did not feel like it was straining too hard...the biggest thing I tried pulling was an 18 wheeler stuck in front of a dunkin donuts in a snowstorm,the guy got halfway out of the parking lot and as he was turning the back wheels got hung up on a curb...

I doubted it would do it,but I told the driver I was willing to try!--so he hooked up my tow chain and got in and started spinning the wheels--I was on dry tar in the parking lot and I got his truck to move and the wheels over the curb,and he got out of there!...I had to jerk it hard a few times,but after 3 attempts it came out!...even the trucker was suprised a 3/4 ton truck would pull a loaded rig around..but not as suprised as I was.. :crazy: