Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I love FNG's!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jagged, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Last funny story of today...

I was changing a big junction box, and it's mounted on slide-rails with tabs that you gotta push in to release the rails from the box. I had a new guy watching me...

Me - "Crap, I forgot a tool!"

And like a good airman, he said "What'd you forget, I'll get it."

- "I need a dickfer"

"What's a dickfer?"

- "You need it for railing like this"

So I went down to my truck driver, and told him that the new guy was gonna go check out a dickfer from CTK for me. 30 minutes later he comes back with a tool we call the "donkey dick."

"Dude, that's not a dickfer"

- "What's a dickfer then?"

"It's for railing, I told you. Go ask that crew chief outside, he knows what a dickfer is."

He goes outside, and asks "Hey, what's a dickfer?"

Crew chief looks at him, laughs hysterically... then tells the poor kid.

I was amazed I was able to get away with that joke. Most new guys are already familiar with the standard "Yard of flightline"

I think tomorrow I'll have him help me to a WXR radar test. Run around with an overwing hatch ;)

2. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I like sending the beginers out for toe-nails. It is only a way to nail a board from on it's side.

3. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

send him out for the ole ba1100november.

Someone must of had that pulled on them once cause I belive thats the nomenclature for a D-cell.

And never forget it ID10tango pesky forms

One time They issued us blanks and then the Lt said we could go live fire so we needed rounds we sent the boot to the armory to get Bullets to go with the blanks, the CWO4 at the armory told him he'd have to dig out the bullets but he was out of wadding so he needed to goto the Aid station for some wadding, Had this whole musket thing happening by the time he was done

4. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

:haha: :haha: :haha: Good work!!!

Working WC-130s and transit C-130s often gave me the chance to send the new Airmen for a gallon of "propwash"!

After the USAF, I wired all the boats built by Dixie Boat Works, for a couple of years. Propwash still worked there, as well as "bringing me 20 feet of shoreline" to secure the new boats to a pier.

5. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

best we ever did while i worked at discount tire was sending a guy to home depot for a left-handed screwdriver and a fallopian tube :haha:

6. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

lmao

keep em comin guys, this is great.

7. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Sending them to look for some PEN15 lubricant is always fun.

Ira

8. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I've only been able to pull of "Henway", and that was on a 11 year old...

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

My first unit, we got some nOObs in one time and we were loading up the trucks (HMMWV) in the quad one day, getting ready to head to the field. This one platoon had this one guy, really good guy but he was more dense than a mile of dried concrete. On this day while we are loading up, one of his NCO's sent him looking for a blank adapter for a 203 grenade launcher.......................:haha: :haha: :haha:

But then again, even guys that have been around for a bit get bit, just like I did a few months ago. Three of us were out in the parking lot in our cars. The other two guys go screaming out of the lot, lights going. So I flipped around and started to play catch up and I call one on the radio to see what was going on...................................................:haha: :haha: :haha:

10. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

My first day in 7th engineers sounds like your stories. I got sent to the tool shed for a "bucket of steam". Then later the same day, I got sent out for a TR double E. I figured that one out on the way to the tool shed. I brought my NCOIC an tree branch.

11. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I just remembered another one, but in the civvie world. There was this car lot in KC I used to deliver batteries to. One day I got there just after a pretty good rainstorm. There was a VW dunebuggy on the lot. Under the buggy was a depression in the asphalt. That depression had filled with water. One of the salesmen sent the lot man out to find where the VW was leaking water from. About 15 minutes the lot man came back into the office shaking his head. He told the salesman to get a mechanic to look at it, cause he had looked everywhere and could not find a leak.

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha:

13. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

We used that one on the helicopter except it was called the "Rotor Wash"

14. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

If you work around aircraft send one out for an ASH receiver.

15. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

ID10T form
    Batteries for the sound powered phone
    Exhaust samples
    Keys for the Jet

There's a bunch of them. :haha: :haha:

16. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

well lets see..... in a mechanized unit give the new guys a hammer and a piece of chalk and have them look for soft spots in the hull, do a boom test on the 25mm, or go find snow chains for the tracks, check air pressure on the road wheels..... I didn't realize we screwed with 'em that much.

Wheeled Vehicles- change from winter air to summer air in the tires, blank adapter for the Mk-19, exhaust sample (really funny when the mechanics are in on it and send them back because they need to be double bagged)

I love this one.....

"need you to go to commo and ask for the new radios"

FNG "what new radios?"

"well just go ask their plt sgt for thr prickE7's.... he will know why your there"

17. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

We will send out our FNG's to refuel the following aircraft:

PU55Y
    ID10T
    CGU11 (seagull)
    PEN15
    B1RD

We also have them pull exhaust samples off the fuel trucks, do a baffle check by sticking their head in the manhole on the truck and just yelling, check the brake fluid (trucks have air brakes), go get a yard of flightline, a gallon of prop wash or jet wash. If we are feeling mean we'll piss under the truck and tell the new guy to stick his finger in it and see if it smells like fuel. I've had a couple try to get information to study for hearing tests too. :haha: :haha:

Rick

18. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

OOOO I got him good today.

"Echo Check" on the engine.

LMFAO. Yell into the fan inlet, run to the exhaust and try to hear your voice.

19. rumbly truck

rumbly truck 1/2 ton status

When I was working on locomotives, we had a sos temp laborer for a week. When we would pull the units out of the shop, we would ask him if he would like to steer the locomotive. Being that he had never "drove" a locomotive, he was all over that. In the cabs were two seats, one for the engineer, one for the conductor. The handbrake stand was at the back of the cab, the handbrake was a large wheel about two feet around that you would turn to set the brakes when the units were shut down. Anyway I'd get in the engineers seat and run the brakes and throttle, and tell the laborer to get ready. Then pull out of the shop to the first curve in the rail about 60-70 yards. He would stand facing backwards and look over his shoulder to look forward, the way we was heading. All the while he's got the hand brake wheel in a death grip steering the locomotive down the rail. Kinda reminded me of the native in the movie "The Gods Must Be Crazy" that drove the jeep around while setting on the dash. We would pull through a "s" turn just to keep him sharp. Done this one or two times a day for a week with him. His only comment was that he couldn"t belive how easy that they would turn. Ole well that was good times.

20. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

You forgot to include an ESTEE-Ring attachment