Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I Love having a LONG bed

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Dec 18, 2003.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Before I bought my truck a long bed is what I wanted, people always asked why I like them so much espically becuase anything I put in the back I could fit in a short bed but hardly carry anything out back. 1more reason I found today that I love it was when I was leaving school(2nd to last day of school of mid-terms and all my freins and I were leaven at the same time) so I decided I wanted to show off the locker and "stock small block" I was thinken slide it sideways well with the 4barrel wide open it decided to go a little farther and I my truck went ALL the way arount across the turn lane in to the other oppisite lane /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif between the tires screaming and my ehuast thats all you could hear. I had to drive back into the shchool to turn around and go back and I had to drive past a the school cop and a surcurity lady. When it was done and over I said to my self glad I dont have a K5 or I might have been upside down /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

nah K5 has gone around plenty of times /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Pavement, grass, ice, wet roads, its done it on all of them. Scariest was the parking lot that they plowed out the drive section but not the parking spots, slide sideways through the spots then catch the pavement, never even kicked up.

3. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I was thinken slide it sideways well with the 4barrel wide open it decided to go a little farther and I my truck went ALL the way arount across the turn lane in to the other oppisite lane between the tires screaming and my ehuast thats all you could hear

[/ QUOTE ]

and this is cool because? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

I kinnda knew that some guys here wouldent like the whole idea of this. But if it makes yall feel any better I did not mean to go all the way around and it wasent even really like a donut more like a 1/4donut then a LONG speeping sideways turn /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Can you really say you have never played around spinning out and stuff? /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif
    Though I do understand that its dangerious and will think about it before I deside to go sideways agin...

5. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

i dont understand why you think a k5 wouldve of rolled. i know its not the same rig but my buddy in his Stepside on 42"s 6 inch susp. 3 inch body whips it sideways on dry pavement, ive done donuts in a parking lot in my k5 with 5inch susp. and 39.5"s never rolled.......

6. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

Is 26 1/2" less in wheelbase going to cause a vehicle to roll? I don't think so /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

7. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

SORRY GUYS I understand that probably wasent the right thing to say on a K5 site, Yall probably right though probably wouldent have rolled just ignore what i said
    I hope non of yall got me wrong I mean my LWB will always be my favorite truck but I would really like to get a K5 one day too espically a first gen /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Yes longbeds rock, that is till ya hafta make a U turn /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Ah yes thats one i know all too well, try to loop around, welp screw that idea, lets see whats down this road..........driving getting low on gas, now NO ONE LIVES ON THIS ROAD. Pull out a map, where in the hell am I? All i need is a driveway. Arrive home 2 hrs late, yet you know one more place to turn around. 60 miles out of the way at billy bobs house. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

That's why I have a shortbed. You longbed guys can rave all you want, and you K5 guys can too. My truck is the happy medium. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

10. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

My K5 is about the same wheelbase as a shortbed I think....

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Not quite but almost. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've only found the longer wheelbase to help me one time though. We were out playing on the rocks at Badlands and dan was spinning and stuff on the stair step. He kept asking how Brent made it look so easy and then I just drove up it like it was nothing. It's crazy how there's no ideal wheelbase...it helps you sometimes, and screws you over at other times.

12. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

dont worry about these guys man. Some of them are either too old to remember what it was like to be a kid or, "too mature" I would agree with them on the fact that they are too mature and would take it a step farther to say that they are too uptight.

13. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I would agree with them on the fact that they are too mature and would take it a step farther to say that they are too uptight.

[/ QUOTE ]

if me thinking that someone driving like sh!t on a public road makes me an old geezer and up tight so be it. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

14. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

I was not driveing like sh!t

15. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

who's kermit getting busy with? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

16. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

looks like snoopy

17. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

it is funny /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

18. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Before I bought my truck a long bed is what I wanted, people always asked why I like them so much espically becuase anything I put in the back I could fit in a short bed but hardly carry anything out back. 1more reason I found today that I love it was when I was leaving school(2nd to last day of school of mid-terms and all my freins and I were leaven at the same time) so I decided I wanted to show off the locker and "stock small block" I was thinken slide it sideways well with the 4barrel wide open it decided to go a little farther and I my truck went ALL the way arount across the turn lane in to the other oppisite lane /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif between the tires screaming and my ehuast thats all you could hear. I had to drive back into the shchool to turn around and go back and I had to drive past a the school cop and a surcurity lady. When it was done and over I said to my self glad I dont have a K5 or I might have been upside down /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And young people wonder why those that's arn't young want to raise the driving age and make 1 strike your out rules. Your a fine example of why. Congradualtions. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

19. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I was not driveing like sh!t

[/ QUOTE ]

okay, then what would you call it /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

20. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Everyone seems to be busting this kids balls about trying to show off a little. I bet that everyone on here has done the same thing, or at least something similiar before... I know I have. I don't think that it was probably the smartest thing in the world to do, but I also remember what it was like to be a teenager cause it wasn't that long ago. Lighten up a bit on the kid... if he wrecks his truck or gets a ticket that is his problem... Im not going to loose any sleep over it until he hits a bystander or damages somebody elses property... but everyone can just hope it never comes down to that.