Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I love it when people try to BS me.............(UPDATE EBONICS VERSION )

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MOABDADC22, Dec 24, 2002.

1. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Ok, I go to this call and start talking to this 20 year old kid (No offense to anyone). This kid starts to ramble on about his 89 Mustang SS . (Anyone who knows me should know where this is going....)

Now bear in mind that I am on duty and maintaining a professional demeanor. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

So I play dumb /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif and ask him all kinds of questions about his Mustang SS (I saw the POS Mustang parked above a huge oil slick in the driveway. It has 4 non matching tires, virtually no paint left on the car and 4 lug wheels.) and he is more than happy to educate some ignorant cop about Real Muscle Cars .

This kid says that his 89 Mustang SS.....
    1. Ran an impressive 8 second quarter mile. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
    2. Has a 302 Windsor big block /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
    3. Had a reaction time of 1.50 seconds. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    4. Does not require a roll cage of any kind because The NHRA "grand-fathered" the car into the rule book. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    5. Ran the 8 second 1/4 mile on Av-gas, purchased at DIA through a friend of his?? /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif
    6. Runs 14 inch slicks at the track. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Now usually I let a drunk/moron ramble on about a whole bunch of made-up stories, but this guy was different. This guy was sober and dead serious. He actually thinks that I believe him. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I can not resist temptation /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifand I let the guy have it....
    I tell him that,

1. There is no such thing as a Mustang SS. Mustang made a GT, but the rust bucket in the driveway is not even a GT. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    2. There is no way that POS could even run a 16 second 1/4 mile. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    3. If by some miracle of physics the POS did run a 8 second 1/4 mile.............NHRA would only let him do it one time before they tightened his a$$ up with mandatory safety equipment on an 8 second car. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    4. A 302 Windsor is not a big block, nor is it even a real engine. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    5. Reaction time of 1.50 seconds......(by now I was about ready to pee myself) /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    6. NHRA does not "grand-father" cars, nor does it allow unsafe cars even near the track. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    7. If he put two gallons of Av-gas in his car, the blue book value would triple. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    8. 14 inch slicks....I asked if he was talking abot the bald a$$ 195/70/R14 tires on the Mustang in the driveway.??
    9. NO REAL CARS WERE MADE AFTER 1972 /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

This guy was astonished /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif that someone finally called his bluff. I could tell that he was the type of guy to push other people around in order to make himself feel good /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. So I did the same to him. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif It was priceless............. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Re: I love it when people try to BS me.............(rant)

Can I get an Amen on "#9 No real cars were made after 1972"

3. MOABDADC22

[​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. nevercomplete

nevercomplete 1/2 ton status

The ones that get me are the guys who put ground effects and those stupid "fart cans" on their ricers and think they are fast. I gave up trying to talk sense into those kinda people because they think they know it all.

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    7. If he put two gallons of Av-gas in his car, the blue book value would triple.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have to remember that one! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I was working on my blazer in the cold and rain yesterday when a guy pulls up in an older chevy 4x4 and he starts BSing with me. He told me all sorts of stuff about his "rig". I just kind of went along with the story til he told me he couldn't find a raised steering arm for his dana 44 for less than $300 bcos it was a special "farm edition". So I told him to go to Desert Rat, they're $59, I gotta go eat lunch, see you around. Oh yeh, he had a car fall on his hip and he had 3 steel rods and 576 stitches and it was only 5 weeks ago. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

7. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

9. NO REAL CARS WERE MADE AFTER 1972

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohhhh, you're killing me here. Taking shots at my 73 like that.

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[/ QUOTE ]

73 SD455 Trans Am
    87 Buick Grand National
    87 Buick GNX

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rene

9. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif "Called his bluff!" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Actually there is a mustang SS. It is derived from the Pinto SS chasis. The Pinto SS was only made for a couple of years and it utilized a big block 289 with a small block 302 crank which made and impressive 301 cubic inch medium block (external combustion) that right out of the crate would run a 9 second quarter under the grandfather clause. In 1973 the Pinto SS was discontinued for the more favorable Maverick GTI-SS which had much more superior aero-dynamics and 5 lug wheels on the limited edition NHRA approved and sanctioned grandfathered version and retained the impressive drum brake on all corners technology. (In later weeks the technology of power steering was intoduced) In the Summer of 1974 the manufacturing plant that made the 301 medium block external combustion engine (located in Hollywood, California) was forced to meet more stringent emmission satandards, that is when they switched over to the internal combustion format and offered the 289 small block (standard), the 301SS stroker medium block (NHRA sanctioned and Dyno proven), and the 351windsor Huge block (special ordered only and required 4 lug racing wheels) The 351 Huge Block ran into cooling problems so in the fall of 1974 they incoporated a water cooling system and utilized some aircraft technology that Chevy has at this time been using for years called the water cooler otherwise known as a radiator. With the incorporation of the water cooler (radiator) and internal combustion (rather than external combustion) the time slips were coming in at 8 seconds on all production models rather than the older, slower 9 second slips. This trend continued on through the 70's, 80's and early 90's. It was later found out that if the 2 barrel carb was replaced with a 5 or even a 5 1/2 barrel carb these wonderful fords could propel themselves through the quarter mile in just under 3 seconds. This technology was eventually moved into the Mustang SS chasis because they had factory installed parachutes which came standard on the optional SS package.

So Moab Dad, it sounds like you were the ignorant one in that conversation. It's okay though, most of us don't realize when we run into a true expert.

John

11. JROSS

JROSS 1/2 ton status

He said it had a 1.5 second reation time. Thats probally the only true statement he made, a good reaction time should be around .400 seconds. I drive an 8 second dragster and have seen 8 second cars and they would never be on the street.

12. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

So what did the SS stand for on the Mustang? Certainly not Super Sport! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Sucks Sh!t would have been a good symbol for the Mustang. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

What an idiot... Sounds like someone I know who has a Mustang POS... Only he doesn't claim it's a nice car yet...

He is, however, going to take out the back seat and fill that area with speakers, put in an SHO engine, tune it up, paint it red, tint the windows, lower it, and put on some 20 inch rims with those little strips of rubber... If you ever see a chunky guy in a black beat up mustang with yellow on the back bumper where the paint is peeling, you should laugh at him /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

14. MOABDADC22

So Moab Dad, it sounds like you were the ignorant one in that conversation. It's okay though, most of us don't realize when we run into a true expert.

[/ QUOTE ] I stand corrected. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

Rene....as with every rule, there are exceptions. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. MOABDADC22

Yo buss dis. Ok, I go to dis call an' start talkin to dis 20 year old kid (No offense to anyone).
    Dis kid starts to ramble on 'bouthis 89 Mustang SS . (Anyone who knows me should noed where dis be goin....)

Now bear in min' dat I be on duty an' maintainin a professional demeanor. See what I'm sayin?

So I play dumb an' axe him all kinds uh questions 'bouthis Mustang SS (I seen de POS Mustang parked above a huge oil slick in de driveway, an [censored]. It has 4 non matchin tires, virtually no paint left on de hoopty an' 4 lug wheels.) an' he be mo than happy to educate some ignorant pig 'boutReal Muscle Cars .

This kid says dat his 89 Mustang SS.....
    1. Ran an impressive 8 secon' quartuh mile.
    2. Has a 302 Windsor big block
    3. Had a reaction time uh 1.50 seconds.
    4. Does not require a roll cage uh any kin' because De NHRA "grand-fathered" de hoopty into de rule book.
    5. Ran de 8 secon' 1/4 mile on Av-gas, purchased at DIA trough a frien' uh his??
    6. Runs 14 inch slicks at de track.

Now usually I let a drunk/moron ramble on 'bouta whoe bunch uh made-up stories, but dis homeywuz different. Dis homeywuz sobuh an' dead serious. He actually thinks dat I believe him.

I kaint resis temptation an' I let de homeyhas it.... I tell him dat,
    1. Dere be no such thin as a Mustang SS. Mustang made a GT, but de rus bucket in de driveway ain't evun a GT.
    2. Dere be no way dat POS could evun run a 16 secon' 1/4 mile.
    3. If by some miracle uh physics de POS did run a 8 secon' 1/4 mile.............NHRA would only let him do it one time befo dey tightened his a$$ up wit mandatory safety equipment on an 8 secon' car. See what I'm sayin?
    4. A 302 Windsor ain't a big block, nor be it evun a real engine.
    5. Reaction time uh 1.50 seconds......(by now I wuz 'boutready to pee myself)
    6. NHRA does not "grand-father" cars, nor does it allow unsafe cars evun near de track.
    7. If he put two gallons uh Av-gas in his car, de blue book value would triple.
    8. 14 inch slicks....I axeed if he wuz talkin abot de bald a$$ 195/70/R14 tires on de Mustang in de driveway.??

This homeywuz astonished dat someone finally called his bluff. I could tell dat he wuz de type uh homeyto push othuh folk 'roun in orduh to make himself feel bad assed . So I did de same to him. It wuz priceless............. Sheeit!

This page translated into ebonics HERE.

16. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Wow. Hope I don't get stopped by you next time I'm DUI.... What a downer you are!!!

JK. I don't approve of drinking and driving. But I do approve of heavy duty BS sessions under the influence. And if you can get away with it - "I did 145MPH in my Datsun B210, no $hit" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

Yo buss dis. yo de man! Sheeit! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. Nitrodrip350

Nitrodrip350 1/2 ton status

external combustion - so how loud is that???? LOL!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Shane - /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

19. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

[​IMG]

20. MOABDADC22

Ohhhh, you're killing me here. Taking shots at my 73 like that.

[/ QUOTE ] The 1972 rule does not include anything that is 4WD (and made by GM. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif