Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i love junkyards...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shaggyk5, Oct 7, 2001.

1. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

I went to the local u-pull-it today with a friend to get a trans for his mustang, while i was there, i found a lifted ranger that had been in a fire. Lo and behold, under the rear end of this poor little truck are two slightly used rancho 5012's!!!! SWEET!! Best part: they cost me $2 a piece!! So now when i lift my truck i can immediately do the long shock conversion on the front end, with out worrying about buying the 9012's (which i plan to do later anyway..) FOR 4 BUCKS!! SWEET!

and i also might have a lead on 3/4 ton axles too.

--matt
    <font color=blue>86, 350 crate, 33's.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Lop Sop Doi Off-Roader</font color=red>

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by shaggyk5 on 10/07/01 01:08 AM.</FONT></P>

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

3. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

SAAAWEEEET I love junkyards...

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.moabdadc22.alloffroad.com/>http://www.moabdadc22.alloffroad.com/</a>Real four wheelers don't need tools to remove body panels, paint, tail lights..etc.

4. chevrules

chevrules 1/2 ton status

I worked in a junkyard (automotive recycling to be correct) for about 8 years.We only had trucks,no cars.It was amazing what parts came in sometimes.

chevrules...always has and always will