Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I love living in a trailer park...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, May 18, 2005.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I hope you guys can pick up sarcasticness over the internet...

So it's midnight, and I have three pieces of mail to drop in the box, and it's a half block walk for me... I meant to send the stuff today, but completely forgot, so I decided to send it now while I was thinking about it...

There I was, minding my own business, thinking about stuff and walking slowly to the mailboxes. Across the street is some guy in a black trench coat. It was unbuttoned, and therefore blowing in the typical Wyoming wind... Not only was this guy walking down the sidewalk in an unbuttoned and therefore useless trench coat, but he was carrying a big stick or something... I decided to slow my pace a bit and stay on my side of the street, and cross over to the mailboxes after he had passed, just in case he was hopped up on drugs or something and out to mutilate innocent people unfortunate enough to cross his path...

Like THAT would ever happen. He saw me and said "What's up?" I kept walking, acting like I couldn't hear him... I hoped he would figure out I either couldn't hear him, didn't want to talk to him, or was deaf... Nope, he decides to change his path so he's walking directly towards me. That's when I ditched the plan of not being able to hear him... So I turned and started walking toward him, both of us completely silent. His coat was still blowing in the wind and he was still carrying his big stick. I was still walking, directly at him, but acting like I couldn't see him.

We got within three feet of each other, and he again said "What's up?" I had been debating in my head whether to say "Hey," "Hello," "What's up," or "How's it going?" His repeating of the question/greeting interrupted my train of thought and I simply mumbled "hey" and we both kept walking. As we passed, I looked at him trying not to turn my head... I think he looked at me too since I got a look at a beard. That's all I could see.

I dropped off my mail, keeping an eye out for a psychotic bearded guy wielding a stick... I turned around, and by the time I got across the street on my way back home, he was already at the next block over, back to swinging his stick around... Finally, I was safe.

Just goes to show what an adventure it is to live in a Wyoming trailer park sometimes... Crazy women knocking on the door in the morning, crazy stick-swinging guys at night, and crazy rednecks during the day... It's hard being relatively normal among all these crack pots :crazy:

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

So are you 21 yet?

3. Resurrection_Joe

Oh I guess it's 18

Start saving your pennies

4. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

What are you doing in a trailer park anyways? After reading your sig and your age in your profile, couldn't you be on an all expenses paid two year trip to some third world country or maybe Boise, Idaho? Or are you back from that already? Hope I'm not overstepping personal boundaries, but that's what the lounge is for, right? Watcha doin'?

5. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Do tell................

6. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

That kind of stuff happens everywhere, not just in trailer parks. I've been doing the trailer trash thang for almost 4 years now and the only thing that's happened here is the religous people knocking on the door. But like I said, it can happen anywhere.

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I have to wait till next March to do the third world country thang since I JUST turned into a Mormon in March... And it's hardly all-expense-paid... More like $400/month and they pay whatever difference in costs for wherever they send me :D

Thanks for reminding me about the sig, I need to find a new one to put up :o

9. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

Congrats on your new found faith and committment. I was just kidding on the all expense paid part, and the third world country part (even though that's possible). My hubby went TX english speaking and gained 40 lbs on BBQ, so sometimes at least the food is like a 2 yr vacation. :D BTW, if you ever want/need anything just pm me.

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

So sorry, I had no idea you knew what you were talking about, and therefore were joking :D

(really, it's only been 2.5 months and I've heard some crazy stuff that makes me go "WHERE THE HECK DID YOU HEAR THIS?!?!?!")

11. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

That's OK, I was half joking. No doubt you'll hear more crazy stuff from outa no where. It's amazing how far out some people's stories are, and how little sense they make. Just remember if it sounds nutty, it probably is too nutty to be true. If you're ever to embarrassed to ask someone in person where something you heard came from or why people think that, you can pm me. I'm a faceless name, so it might be a little easier. I don't have all the answers, but my hubby can help out too.

12. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

This is why I live in a carry state and have a .45 on my hip at all times...

13. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i wonder if the Ms. Crazydoorknockerlady, and Mr Carriesabigstick know each other? maybe they're secret lovers. :D

14. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

It would make sense that they are lovers... door knocker lady could go around knocking on doors, then later in the day the resident of the home mysteriously gets beaten by a crazy guy swinging a stick... And then the two get together and make sweet sweet love in a dumpster behind Wal Mart... :blush:

15. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

That sounds like me or my friends. We're night walkers, and we sometimes carry... yard... implements... Or at least one knife a person.

OH!

And we're nice enough to talk to people!

16. Resurrection_Joe

Look up a range in Cheyenne and I'll go with you in August

17. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I'll see what I can do... I've never played with a gun before :blush:

My dad has a black powder pistol that I want him to let me shoot sometime though, it looks pretty ding dang shweet :D... Or perhaps you can bring some of your prized firearms for my personal enjoyment...

18. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

"I've never played with a gun before " AND DONT . they arent for playing . that is how people DIE . they are also always loaded , even if you it isnt and checked it twice .

19. Resurrection_Joe

I'll be carrying my 9mm, since Wyoming has recipricocy with South Dakota

I may bring my shotgun, depends on how paranoid I am

May have another gun by then too

Anyway, yeah, I know you didn;t really mean it, but "play" isn't the proper work

I've only been shot by a rebounding shotgun pellet, and that hurt plenty

- Know your target and what is beyond it
    - Finger off the trigger until you're ready to fire
    - Don't point your arms at anything you don't intend to kill
    - Treat every gun as loaded

- Carry any time you can
    - Keep your gun arm free
    - Be aware of your situation
    - Carry arms good enough to get the job done, and enough ammo to allow them do do so

Etc etc, blah blah