Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i love my 83, im really glad i snagged it

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by R72K5, Nov 23, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i just have to say that im really super glad i snagged a hold of this 83 K20 out here, im really lucky that i even have it at all, not only did i magically have to come up with the 200 bucks to buy it, but i managed to make into a daily driver by only having to rebuild the carb and put gas in it and air up the left front tire since it was half full from sitting on concrete in a garage for several years untouched never started.

im proud of and happy with the truck and alot of ppl locally who have seen the truck are jealous of it and/or me cuz of it, i cant believe the truck was sitting in there for all these years for sale and no one snagged it, the ppl that had the truck said it had all kinds of problems like some oiling problem in the engine and brakes messed up or something and etc, but it doesnt have either problem, it runs perfectly smooth and quiet and strong /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    and it may have some rust but it doesnt have as much as usually seen, its not bad at all for around this region, its great and it wont be parted or sold or traded off, its staying right here with me wherever i may be at any given time, as long as its still runs and drives /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

the points i love about this truck the most include:

-has 465 4 speed!
    -is non a/c truck!
    -is 3/4 ton!
    -is 4x4!
    -has part time case!
    -is heavy and low geared and makes whiney deep geared noise when you drive it which makes ppl turn and look in which is a great thing
    -has factory 350 4bbl!
    -i am only its second owner!
    -the SPID label was still intact in glovebox!
    -it has 3.73 locking!
    -is blue and not some crappy puke color!
    -has 16" wheels and tires instead of crap 16.5"!
    -was all original even down to all four intact hubcaps! (well, until i instaleld the four core radiator and plus tires are not original, but are stock size/style)
    - its not horribly rusted like most other stuff this old is in this region, just the driver side rocker panel and the bedsides are rusted and thats it!

the only thing more i could wish for is that the truck was at least 72 body style, if not 68 in which is my all time favorite look, and maybe that the 14 bolt under it was an FF instead of SF

-so i am part of the 4x4 club now i hope, finally- for once for the first time ever for real now, yay! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

now if i could only find some freakin' work around here, i need a job so badly, hmm....

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    is heavy and low geared and makes whiney deep geared noise when you drive it which makes ppl turn and look in which is a great thing /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's low on gear oil /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    is heavy and low geared and makes whiney deep geared noise when you drive it which makes ppl turn and look in which is a great thing /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's low on gear oil /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha, good one /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif