Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I love my Blazer!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Polaris, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I just had to say that. Yes she still has her issues but now that she's lifted and tired, I am soooo happy. As a short person, I just LOVE being above everyone in traffic. People are so fascinated by it sometimes it is funny. I get compliments all the time - she's topless so maybe they just haven't seen such a short shortbox, or the kids riding in the back under the soft top with the sides up gets the looks. Anyway she's bigger and more beautiful than ever. Wheeling this weekend in some extremely tough terrain. Should be interesting!!!

2. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

right on! makes driving fun again, huh?

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Pics ??????? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

After this weekend, man /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    I want some action pics. Unless you would like a driveway pic which I could do right now! Looks good. Matches the house pretty nice.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Any pics with your new tires will be kewl. I've got a 6" lift in my Blazer, but I've still got the stock tires on it. I want some Superswamper TSL Boggers, but money has been way to tight. I'd really like some 37 inch Boggers. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear you're loving the blazer. I'm sure there will be plenty of mud action this weekend! Dont worry about pics, there will be quite a few action shots (probably me getting towed out /forums/images/icons/grin.gif )

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hey..when you did your 6"...did you run into any major problems with the driveshafts or anything of the like...

Bryan

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yeap, driveshafts to short, but I was expecting that. Had new ones made with all new joints. Runs about $200.00 each around here.

9. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Im so happy for you Andrea /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Its looking great /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

10. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Boggers look way cool. I'm not sure I'd want them on my daily driver, especially with the amount of snow we see here. But they are cool anyways. Here's my 12 year old /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    [​IMG]

11. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    Lookin' sharp

12. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

nice!...amazing what some lift can do for a truck..keep at it its comin along great...

Bryan

13. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

My front driveshaft was too short with just a 4" lift. Bought a $50 spacer that Superlift makes. I also needed the extended rear brake line, and along with that needed the steel lines to the drums. The main thing that we didn't expect, cost-wise, was a rear main leaf that was broken in half. Couldn't see it because it was hidden by the spring plate that the u-bolts go through. Instead of using the blocks that we had lying around the garage to lift the rear, I had to order $260 worth of new rear leaf springs/u-bolts. The advantage being a sprung lift instead of blocked. Disadvantage being now I have a part-time evening job to pay off the credit card bill these trucks have made (roughly $3000 between 2 trucks). Ah well, such is life!

14. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I posted one. I'll get some good ones this weekend I'm sure and might sneak into one even. The one I posted is on this thread but I don't know how to do the linky thing. I have to go pick up my soft top from the seamstress, where it was getting tweaked up.

Later!

15. Chevy Duty

Chevy Duty Registered Member

Aww she's so purty! Mine was just lifted 3" a few weeks ago, but right now she's goin through some major bodywork, (Mine is a definate case of "Built, not bought" The last owner said he threw rocks at it! Well he didnt get at the motor (Damn she sounds great!) but the chipped paint exposed the bare metal and a few rust spots formed. all in all its not bad for a 23 year old truck.

Boy Im ramblin about mine too much!

Yours aint bad for a 12 year old either!

16. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

You said:
    Boy Im ramblin about mine too much!

Don't worry. I could talk trucks all day long! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

17. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    The last owner said he threw rocks at it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate it when people abuse their trucks like that /forums/images/icons/mad.gif Its a shame.

I saw your vacation pictures Andrea. Looks great /forums/images/icons/smile.gif