Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I love NTB....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gambit420s, Oct 5, 2005.

1. gambit420s

gambit420s 1/2 ton status

So today my girlfriend's best friend called me and said her car(96 acura integra) was making a weird noise, like the tire was rubbing.

She had taken her car to NTB (National Tire and Battery, i think it's part of sears, maybe), and they had told her "Oh its probably the brakes"

so she left it and had them look at it

she was then told that she needed a "dealer only" part and that they couldn't get it till mon-tue, and they broke it down like this; $45 part, $40 removal, $40 installation, $75 for an alignment, 200-ish total

they also said that they wouldn't release her car unless they fixed it or it was picked up on a tow truck...

so being a girl she freaked out and called me.

i took the car to my shop, and got a reciept that said "Passenger side swaybar to lower ball joint is not connected"

well to make a long story short, the two bolts attaching the strut rod to the lower control arm are missing, allowing the control arm to move fore and aft, causing the tire to contact the fender.

i then went to a bolt supplier of mine and got two M12x1.25x35mm gr12.9 bolts slapped em in with a little red loctite and sent her on her way

now how they came loose i dont know, the suspension had been apart before. I think it was a wreck, that got pawned off on her, and she hit a log which is what probably knocked it out.

but my questions are this:

Since when are bolts a dealer only item?

How can you charge $45 for two bolts, not even considering i got them for free...

How can you charge $40 for the removal of a part that has already fallen off?

Does the car exist that attaches the sway bar directly to the ball joint?

WTF is wrong with the human race?

on the bright side, she paid me $50, :saweet: :saweet: more money for my rig!!

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

never seen a car attach the sway bar to the ball joint. And unless they are idiots and think that the strut rod is a sway bar I can't see why it was even mentioned.

There is a girl who has been in my class for 9 months that worked at a NTB. She was a total moron, knew nothing of cars. She sued a dealership because they wouldn't hire her as a tech, she said its cause she is a girl.... in fact she has no experience or ability as a tech. Sorry that had nothing to do with your story, just the one employee I know the fine people of NTB employed.

3. gambit420s

gambit420s 1/2 ton status

yeah the guy yelled at me when i ask him why he would charge for removal of something that was missing, it is very hard to find good help....

sorry for the bad pic but guess where the bolts go....... :confused:

aa.JPG

4. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

just another deal where the guy mechanics are trying to take advantage of women car owners,,,,bastages :mad:

5. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

wat to makny crookid repair places.

way wya to many and as this socity of car stupid people take over compleatly any one could tell any one something and no one would know any better.

my mom has a 2001 dodge caravan with the 3.0l moter, valve is ticking a little.

takes it in to where she had warinty work done, and they write.

HEADS 2000$.

i called them up then when down there and told them off and called them cheating liars to there face, and they said well we though it was still under warrinty so we just billed it like that!

i said i was calling the insurance company ( after markit used car) and telling them this shop comits insuranca fraude, and the BBB thay you try to sucker old ladys out of money!.

6. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

I love lamp.

7. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

too funny, that must be where auto zone people go when they get fired. :laugh: :laugh: modulater valve,there is no such thing as a modulater valve. :haha: :haha:

8. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

Thats right up there with low blinker fluid.