Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I love the 80s!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by COCHEV, Apr 29, 2003.

1. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

anyone watching these little shows on VH 1? i know, i know. just the fact that i'm watching VH 1 tells me i'm getting old. any way, i'm fully torturing my kids tonight cause they are on all in a row and we are only on 1981 right now. Retro, baby!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Like totally and for sure! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

ive watched that before, and ive come to the conclusion that the 80s werent as bad as a lot of people say they were. just wait til they get to the 'scarface' one /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

i've seen them all at least 5 times....awesome! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I think Ive seen them all. I miss the late 80s/early 90s. Id LOOOOVE to go back and relive my late teen yrs. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif To go back and have the knowledge I have now... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    To go back and have the knowledge I have now...

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt. If I knew then what I knew now....... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I thought the 80's were pretty cool. It was a pretty good time for My high school years. I am glad though that the hot pink leg warmers stayed in the 80's. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

7. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i love watching that /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif most of the stuff seemed cool back then now it seems preety stupid. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif even though i missed half of the 80s /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif (born in 83) it is still fun to watch.

8. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I am glad though that the hot pink leg warmers stayed in the 80's.

[/ QUOTE ]

In style or not, I have a hard time believing they EVER looked good on you. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    In style or not, I have a hard time believing they EVER looked good on you.

[/ QUOTE ]
    At least mine didn't say "Flashdance" on them like Yours.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

I'm a MANIAC...MAAAAANIAC!

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

Aaaaah, yes. and lets not forget all those wonderfull one hit wonders of the 80s. dispite all my metallica tapes (remember cassette tapes???) i still love all the cheesy songs of the 80s- my fav is still Tainted Love- WoooOOOooo

13. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

What an abyssmal decade for music. Excepting a handful of artists, the 80's was a complete loss. Any era that spawns the likes of Culture Club (no offense, Corey /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif ), Poison, Def Leppard, Milli Vanilli, et. al. can't be good.

14. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Aaah yes, I was 19 in 1980. That was the start of the decade of wild party's, extravagant lifestyles and in-debt beyond your wildest imaginations (remember the Yuppies and BMW's??) Punk and New Wave music (Devo, B52's, Dead Kennedy's, (106.7 KROQ /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif) ruled. The Ricer car of the time was the Toyota Celica. (Who would race a Honda /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif) It was a time when almost everyone in the office amazingly caught "colds" on Monday mornings, or that was the story cuz everyone had runny, bleeding noses /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Skinny tie's, the european look AAAGHHHHH /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Its amazing some of us survived the 80's /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

come on, you know you had parachute pants and pink polo shirt at one time /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Tim I think it's time You stop wearing Your "Wham" sweatshirt and take the Boy George cornrolls out of Your hair cause I think it's effecting Your brain. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

17. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

I barely broke into my teens in the late 80's; I spent most of the time wearing shorts, sweats, and T shirts. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I avoided the fashion traps set by the 80's. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

18. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Aaah yes, I was 19 in 1980

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, you're date yourselft my doing that. LOL! i'm at the other end of the spectrum. i was 8 in 1980 /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

19. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I barely broke into my teens in the late 80's;

[/ QUOTE ]
    **** Dude Your just a youngster. Still wet behind the ears. I thought the 90's sucked no wonder Your so fawked up. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Tim I think it's time You stop wearing Your "Wham" sweatshirt

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]

This one?

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif