Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i love the Can-back...but...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Kelboski, Aug 7, 2000.

1. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

does it leak bad Steve? I have had 3 CJ's....( i know, i know!), and i had enough of the leaking crap! i want a can-back, but we need to find a way to seal the top completely. anyone have any suggestions?
    Kelboski

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Not to bad just at the cab top, I thought about adding some velcro to where the top meets the cab, that might do the trick, then you would have velcro and snaps, I will have to hit the Army surplus and pick some up, I am also talking with Can-Back about there design, I guess they perfected the 4-runner top, but do not sell to many Blazer tops at this time. I am testing it and letting them know what I think could make it better.

Steve Fox
    90 3/4 ton K5
    [​IMG]

3. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

good idea Steve. i hope this posts gets alot of replies, because when i buy a Can-Back, i want it to be completely weather and waterproof. (you know...my terrible j#%p experiences) By the way, what's the difference between the Pachyderm and the "can-back" version. Why did you choose the Pachyderm?...price?
    Kelboski

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

The only diff between the Can-Back model and the Pachyderm model is that the Can-Back model has stainless steel ribs and spreader bars to allow you to carry 350 pounds on the roof instead of 200 pounds for the Pachyderm. The price for the Can-Back model is very pricy, it is nice though.

Steve Fox
    90 3/4 ton K5
    [​IMG]

5. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

thanks Steve, i'll quit asking questions now. i'll just watch for responses. i would just like to know ALL there is to know before i spend 800-1000 dollars.
    Kelboski

6. richardc

richardc Registered Member

what about a kayline

Having never seen either, is the kayline not as good?

7. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Re: what about a kayline

The Kayline is awesome. It sealed good. I did see a few drips when I drove into a major storm. I have since remedied it by putting a little silicone under the cab track. This totally seals it. We are writing a Kayline review as we speak. I should have it ready by Tuesday. Stay Tuned...

Thanks,

Neil

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com</font color=blue>