Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I love the rust belt...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RustBuket, May 18, 2003.

1. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

I was working on my truck today (81 1/2ton chev longbed). I was pulling the running boards off.....wow...every bolt except two broke instead of coming off. Glad the bolt broke and not my ratchet. Just had to make those of you that live in the dry climates realize how lucky they are. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Just had to make those of you that live in the dry climates realize how lucky they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me about it.
    I just put a fuel pump in my suburban. It came from CA and is totally rust free. Once broke loose, which wasn't even that hard, all nuts/bolts came out by hand /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif! Never seen such a thing on anything less than 5 yrs old. Them guys in the dry states don't know what working on an old truck is actually like /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

3. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

I'll third that....

4. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

i know how it is, i grew up in illinois, and was stationed in missouri for 6 yrs. my K5 came from Mo. also. i just found out today that the rear of my bed is almost completely rusted out right at the back of the bed by the tailgate. yesterday i got my new bumper welded up, and when we took the old one off, after one bolt broke, and and impact would barely turn the others, we torched the dang thing off!

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ill forth that lol...whenever i get under my truck i have to cover my eyes so all that rust doesnt fall in them..but what can i say i love these old rust buckets lol! mines not a rust bucket but its defenetly not rust free either!