Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I love this place.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Mar 6, 2007.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I just popped over to FullSizeChevy.com since ther are more of the newer Vortec trucks over there. Wanted an opinion on something to do with installing an MSD box on my 97, figured it a good spot.

Anyway, I popped into the "Maintenence" section, after our "oil change" discussion here. So I start popping around, and well I know a lot of guys here aren't automotive technicians, but I'd say the overall gearhead know how here is pretty darn good. My god that place was making my head hurt. Every post was "I replaced, this, this, this, this, this, this, AND this, and my problem is still there"... :doah:

Or the one where someone said how they had a "pressure code" on their evap system. "Yea they have fuel pressure sensors, you probably need one of them!"... I politely informed them that it is the "Fuel TANK pressure sensor"...

2. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Dont forget every other post it seems like has to do with Seafoam, and whether they should do it and where to put it...

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I could tell them where to put it, but I'd rather not be banned.

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Aww come on, you know you want to be like Hi Pinion or Timmay over there. :doah: :haha:

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I've had to ask Ford vehicle related questions on here (ck5) because the guys on the Ford forums couldn't help.

And something else that really annoys me about another forum I'm on is when I ask a question or read other posts through a search and the only advice I get is "take it to a shop", or "my shop did xxx and got it working again..."

6. BigBen

BigBen 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You know, you're right... I almost never read 'take it to the shop' on CK5. About the only time is if the members truly believe it is in the best interest for the person having the problem. (Too advanced for them to do safely).

I'm not sure what the other boards are like. I quit looking after I found CK5! :D

7. Craig Artzner

Craig Artzner 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Ditto.

8. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Definitely my favourite site too!

I go out, endure the crap from some of the other forums, then bring that knowledge here :D

And yes, I find that FSC doesn't know anything about the rigs they are driving... I always hate being ahead of the game from others, impossible to bum knowledge off people if they don't know, which means I have to go through the hard work of figuring it out myself, LOL

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I think I've officially become addicted to giving advice on FSC, hahaha. I just feel sorry for these guys, that and it makes me feel like a damn genius...

10. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

No kiddin, I click on the maintenance forum and you damn near have replied to all those posts in there. haha

11. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

we love ya also Sled.:D

12. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

drunk much? haha

Thanks Daryl