Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I made it home alive you guys miss me¿¿ :)

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Crusarius, May 6, 2002.

1. Crusarius

Crusarius 1/2 ton status

well I made it home not quite in one piece but suddenly I feel the need to get an onboard welder /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Moab is gonna rock with fullsizes but if I go up with you guys again its not possible that I will leave my jeep at home /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

the wheeling there is incredible I managed to rip the rear trac bar off the axle then the single front upper control arm mount, also pulled rocker away from the body just to top it all off with a technical roll (should have rolled but rocks got in the way)

what a blast I think I am gonna try to make it for the blazer bash up there

2. FWP

FWP CRS

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

well I made it home not quite in one piece but suddenly I feel the need to get an onboard welder

<hr></blockquote>
    If you do can I use it too???/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Moab is gonna rock with fullsizes but if I go up with you guys again its not possible that I will leave my jeep at home

<hr></blockquote>
    Hell no, bring that puppy...

the wheeling there is incredible I managed to rip the rear trac bar off the axle then the single front upper control arm mount, also pulled rocker away from the body just to top it all off with a technical roll (should have rolled but rocks got in the way)

<hr></blockquote>
    Where's the pics, slacker.../forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Seriously though, gald you made it back. We'll have to get together on a night run, and you can tell us your war stories....

3. Crusarius

Crusarius 1/2 ton status

Slacker???? I didn;t get home till 6:15 this morning and I work at 6:30 so I am going to bed now soon as I get home tomorrow I will work on them

sure fred you can use it to /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Keith....

I looked briefly at the Moab pics.... Looks like the "Pickle" is off limits to the Green Monster, but what about Lower Helldorado??!

What was the toughest run you did?

Marv

5. Crusarius

Crusarius 1/2 ton status

I think lower helldorado was the toughest but pritchett canyon was right up there to

6. ript

ript Registered Member

here i thought it'd be the hill north of black canyon on I-17 headin up to sunset point.. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

good pix, btw, and hope i have my rig done in time for blazer bash! oh norulz.. *hint hint*

7. Crusarius

Crusarius 1/2 ton status

lol good luck

and yea your right that hill was hell

8. FWP

FWP CRS

So, compare both trails (helldorado/ pritchett) to something we know local, if possible. I'm curious as to what to be prepared for, when I finally get my lazy ars to Moab /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

9. FWP

FWP CRS

Hey Sean (or Shawn??, not sure how you speeeel your name/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif), when you gonna show me that hill? You think I could do it, Q-jet and all????

10. Crusarius

Crusarius 1/2 ton status

helldorarado is like armageddon without the squeeze

pritchett is length of crown king with easy flat spots and optional fun spots all the trails up there have pretty good size ledges rocker knocker will get your attention fast

easiest way to describe pritchett is a super tuff crown king with boulders and ledges big ones /forums/images/icons/smile.gif oh yea throw some off camber ledges in there to fred you'll love this /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

the pictures probably show the fun spots on the trail better than I can explain them

11. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

I did Pritchett several years ago with lockers and 31's... We did "Behind the Rocks" too.

Keith... When you say Pritchett is long, you must be combining these 2 trails. I remember Pritchett being pretty short, and then Behind the rocks being so long I thought we were gonna have to sleep out there! Did you pass White Knuckle Hill? That was on Behind the Rocks....

But what about "Pickle"...?? No way it'll fit?!?

Marv

12. Crusarius

Crusarius 1/2 ton status

your right marv it was combination of the 2 behind the rocks is a long trail we actually winched over white knuckle hill

pickle you may fit but I dunno how crazy you want to get off camber we had one guy in the group go to the left and it worked for him