Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I may be a moron

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Jan 3, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I just sold my Gear Vendors Overdrive unit that I finally decided was going into my Crew Cab. Now I get to completely re-arrange my plans again. I wish I'd have kept it already. :frown1:

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

If you wish you'd have kept it...you didn't sell it for enough money.

Rene

3. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Well, I sold it for $700. It was the older style one, with the older style clutches. For $699.99 or less I would have kept it. For $700 cash, I would sell it, and thats what the guy gave me up front.

To me it was worth keeping for less than $700 but worth selling for that. I paid $1000 for the entire truck it was in (minus motor), and I already got about $800 back out of other parts I sold, and I still kept a 465/205, and a Dana 60 front. That means I've made a total of $500 profit overall from that truck and a free 60 and 465/205. So I can't complain.

I just needed the money to pay off a debt.

4. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

hmmmm :thinking: yup sounds like an AWESOME deal to me. :saweet: :saweet: :saweet: a 60-456/205 combo AND $$ is always a bonus. can you say bonus? "a bonus" :haha: congrats. :grin: now if only i can get out of my hole and do the same :grin: