Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I may be banned from the Washington State Ferry system

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Aug 27, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

It started when a friend and I were going from Bremerton to Seattle, in an '84 K5. Waiting at the loading ramp my friend took video of us waiting, and of the Ferry coming in. All of a sudden, we have a cop at our door, wanting to review the tape. I showed it to him and he sent us on our way, after holding up the loading process a couple minutes.

The next day... Bremerton to Seattle ferry again... this time I'm driving a 25ft motorhome towing the K5. No problems getting on. We arrive at Seattle to unload. Motorhome won't start. :confused:

I keep messing with a ground wire that was making a bad connection... still no power to the starter. I keep fiddling with it, until all other cars are unloaded, and the crew comes up and says I'll have to unhook the Blazer so they can push the motorhome off the Ferry. I try one last time and it turns over and fires. I close the hood/access panel, and drive off in a rush so that Seattle traffic can board. As I pull away in front of all the waiting cars, my belt started squealing rediculousely loud... so that if you weren't staring at me before, you were now. :doah:

The whole rest of the trip when it didn't matter, it always turned over fine.

I don't think the Washington State Ferry system will be wanting to see me or my vehicles any time soon again.

2. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

I always knew you secretly were an arab terrorist with all those gas guzzlers :D :haha: :haha:

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Maybe they think you're a terrorist

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

you give all gm d60 hording mecanic cavemen a bad name

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

We have a small ferry that crosses the Fraser river between Langley and Maple Ridge. It holds about 25 cars or so. I was driving my first car, a '65 Buick Wildcat and got on that ferry coming home to Langley...this would have been nearly 20 years ago now.

When we got to the Langley side I went to start it and got nothing...not even a click. Every other car unloaded while I was frantically trying to diagnose and then hopefully fix the problem. The nuetral safety switch had crapped the bed...

I ended up stripping down the console while they re-loaded. Went back across the only car facing backwards and still wasn't fixed at the other side. Finally they found me a small length of wire so i could jump the switch. I went back and forth 4 times before getting it running again though. The ferry crew were laughing at me the whole time... :doah:

Rene

6. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

:laugh:

I'd have stayed on and taken the ride a few times... but I doubt they'd have let that happen. They sure pack on the cars... never any empty space on these ferry's.

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

All the bridges in and out of NYC say "No photographs or video taping on bridge". They don't want people taking pictures and finding weaknesses, likely the samething with you. ANd of course, all terrorists look like cavemen and drive K5s...