Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I may have scored MOST of a K30

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Pure Insanity, Jul 31, 2001.

1. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Yesterday while moving my tool box, I was talking to the wrecker driver about my blazer which he has seen and known since the day I got it. Well Im telling him about the future plans of the 14 bolt that I already have and at least upgrading the front to 8 lug till I find a 60. He looks at me and tells me he is almost positive he has a front 60!!! Actually its a complete truck less the motor and body. It presently has a ranger body on it!!! The frame is uncut from what he says and the tranny and transfer case is still there also. ( 400 & 205!?!?! ) [​IMG] Anyhow I ask him how much he wants for it. He tells me the story as to how he ended up w/ it from his brother whose wife did something major bad and he took the kids and left her, leaving the truck behind and telling his brother to get it and dispose of it. At this point Ive already discussed what front 60s are going for and Im expecting the worse, he tells me " well let me make sure its still there and if it is you can have it!!!!!! [​IMG] After getting over almost making a mess in my shorts, I tell him if it is ANYTHING GM built Ill take it!!! Im sure its a real fine looking rig w/ a ranger body on an uncut K30 frame [​IMG] and he told me theres a bunch of frame hanging out the front and rear, But who cares all Im wanting is the running gear and Ill get rid of ranger body and whats left that I dont use. EVERYONE cross your fingers for me that its still there!!!

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!![​IMG]

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Find out what year it is for positive and check the frame over real good. If its a damn good frame, no cracks, welds, bends, or welds in it, I will buy it from you. Gotta figure on a freight company to get it over to Kans-Ass, though! [​IMG]

<font color=blue>Daddy told me while learning to pee......"if you shake it more than twice, then you are playing with it!!!"</font color=blue>

3. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Cool man, good luck to ya. I'll cross my fingers for ya too.

JH

'83 GMC Jimmy 4x4 ZZ4 Crate Motor
    '83 Chevy K20 Sand Drag Racer, 578 RWHP
    '94 Impala SS
    '01 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 w/8.1L & Allison Auto

4. LA Bogger

LA Bogger 1/2 ton status

Excellent, had Military K30 with troop seats lined up at a DRMO sale for 325.00 but got over bid by 50.00. Sealed bids suck.
    Dreaming of a BIG BLOCK
    Eat More Mud!!!

5. Pure Insanity

Wes is there a way to look at the frame and tell what yr it is? I can ID 70 and 80s but is there a way to positively ID the frame w/ out having the cab?? Like #s or something.

As far as shipping, we shipped a bunch of frames at the shop, so I can call and find out who they use.

or ROOOAAD TRIIIIIIIP!!! LOL!! Maybe Rene will ride shotgun! HAHA! Wichita to Tampa Fla is 1400+ miles according to my road atlas. could be done each way in 24 hrs. [​IMG]

MAN I HOPE THIS COMES THRU!!!!!

6. thatK30guy

I'm not positive on the no.s part on the frames. I will go out and check the short bed frame I have sitting on the ground and compare those no.s to the photo copy of the title I got with it when I bought it.

Lets wait til you find out for sure whether its a K30 or not before checking the shipping stuff.

LOL!!! NO!!! No road trips for me. I have one coming up on the 11th or 12th to OKC to meet Rocko at Chads place. Thats far enough for me to drive!!! [​IMG]

BTW, if Rene wants to go down and pick it up for me for free, then by all means, let him do it!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

<font color=blue>Daddy told me while learning to pee......"if you shake it more than twice, then you are playing with it!!!"</font color=blue>

7. Pure Insanity

Oh too far for ya to drive?!?! LOL!! I dont blame you.

Yeah Ill wait to see what I have before checking on shipping. Actually I need to see if this deal even comes thru. I HOPE! I HOPE!

If the #s match up, on yours, Ill P/M the #s to you and see if you can figure out what yr it is. If its the VIN then the yr will be in it, and I can find that out.

If this is for real I will be so pumped! 1 TON BLAZER! [​IMG]

8. thatK30guy

I went out and viewed the no.s and compared them to the photo copy of the title. They are the last 6 no.s on the V.I.N. and that will do no good to determine whether its a K30 or not. I need the first 8 no.s of the VIN to tell you if its a K30 or not. Can you look at the title of which this frame has?

9. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Best oF Luck!!

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099>www.geocities.com/baja/5099</a>

10. Pure Insanity

The cab on it is a ferd ranger!!! EEEWWWW!!

Will those #s tell me the yr?? What Im thinking is I can measure the frame w/ a micrometer and it will be thicker than a standard frame. What do you think??

I should know something by this weekend.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to type w/ your fingers crossed?!?! LOL!!

11. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

I have one word for you steve A$$hole!!!!! [​IMG]
    why cant i get deals like that [​IMG]

AJ
    Soon to wheelin spot near you
    Project Harvey&lt;img src="http://coloradok5.com/forums/images/icons/wink.gif"&gt;

12. Pure Insanity

Well its not a deal yet. I was just too excited to hold back I had to tell!

Still waiting.......

13. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

DAMN ! Whya can't I ever get lucky and find a deal like this.... I'm so jealous!

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm>http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm</a>

14. Pure Insanity

Well its Friday nite and I still havent heard anything from the guy. Im starting to think it was too good to be true. Oh well! nothing lost I reckon.

But I will call him tommorow.[​IMG]

I get all the excercise I need pushing my luck![​IMG]