Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I may have the chance to get someone fired!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by afroman006, Mar 12, 2006.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Well tonight when I got to work one of the assistant managers told me to call him and not the general manager if the girl working the shift after me was late, because the GM said if shes late again shes going to be fired. At about 3am she called me and asked me to call her at 5:30 to wake her up, someone had been out barhopping... This leads me to believe there is a very good chance she wont be here on time and if I was an ass, I could call the manager and bing bang boom shes gone. I have no beef with the girl, shes really nice, a little dumb but shes good looking enough to get away with it. I just feel macho having the power to potentially get her canned.

2. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

tell her you wont call her... dont enable her immature behavior.. and if she asks tell her that you have been asked to report her...
    dont hide anything... people screw up well all by themselves even when they have been told they are knuckleheads
    If she wants the job she will be there

"feeling macho" just sounds dumb to me... theres nothing macho about being a snitch for someone else... its the assistant managers job to make employee decisions... unless they are going to make you the pay grade that goes along with the act.... forget it... It isnt exciting to potentially make another persons life miserable.. even if they bring it upon themself
    If no one is there at shift chnge... then call the brass.... and then leave or get overtime

3. afroman006

The macho part was 100% sarcastic. I tried to call her but her phone wasnt working. She showed up on time anyway so no biggie.

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Yeah if I were You I would stay out of it. Cause it sounds to Me as though the girl needs to grow up and not mix the party life with work. The assistant manager don't sound real bright going behind the GM's back like that. If Your GM catches on to whats going on there, it might be more than one person getting canned.

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Listen to what Cory sez. Stay out of other peoples business. Who knows what has been going on between the guy and the girl he wants fired?
    Just go to work, do your job, Leave office politics to the parties involved.

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

being on time to anything is not hard. very few excuses are good and should only happen once in a while. if her being late affects your life then let her be late. it isnt your job to babysit her.

7. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I say extort her for sex...........:waytogo: :whistle:

8. afroman006

If she would have been late it would have meant I had to stay late which equates to more hours which equates to mo greenbacks :D.

9. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Thats the first thing i thought :whistle::D

10. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

famous james belushi line

Where are the women.. I want your woman,, how much for your daughter

11. afroman006

Yah I think yall are taking my job way too seriously. I work the graveyard shift at a Hampton Inn and to be honest, I'm not that attached to this job. Its certainly not a career. I like the being able to do my homework part of it but if push came to shove, I would risk getting fired for some cheap entertainment :D

12. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

man i have some great excuses for beeing late, the military has taught me well
    98% of the time i get away with it