Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I may have to reconsider my stance on the French...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cbbr, Feb 5, 2006.

1. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

http://news.com.com/2100-1025_3-6034897.html

The French government is moving ahead with plans for a controversial law that would legalize file-sharing of music ....

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Eh...

One law won't make a difference when it comes to back-stabbing cowards...

3. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey, they came out with a new tank too. Got 14 gears. 13 go in reverse and the 1 forward is there in case they're attacked from behind.

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Thing is that if the surrender monkeys make it legal, it is a start. It will be interesting to see how the US Govt tries to regulate it.

5. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

A lot of people dog the french, but it's easy to confuse the people with their government. In 2003, I went to a Maple Flag in Cold Lake, Alberta, Canada. For those of you that don’t know, it’s a military exercise with many different NATO countries participating. Well, we were there for the two week exercise and when it was time to go home, we had an aircraft that was broken really bad. We had a lot of work to do on it, not to mention how hard it is to get parts up into basically the middle of remote Canada. Well, the French were stuck there also, having problems with one of their Mirages. We’d go to the chow hall and see them there and have small talk on who would be done and out of there first. We got to know them a bit and they were all just like us. Their military members were just as ready and willing to serve as we were. That’s when I began to realize that it was their government that made the rules and just like our military, you do what the government asks. Well, to make a long story longer, they ended up getting done before us by about 12 hours. That evening, for dinner they suprised us by having scheduled sandwiches catered for us. It was done up really nice and it was a polite, kind gesture from them to us.