Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I messed it up!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by solid454, May 16, 2000.

1. solid454

solid454 Registered Member

Heres the deal, i wnet off for the first time in my 73 blazer. I hit a few bumps and my tail gate fell down. busted my rear window. i need to know what the hell happened to my tailgate. dose anyone have all the parts inside the tailgate, or a whole tailgate they could sell me. or even a diagrame of the parts inside so ican fix mine.
    i just need some help with it.

thanx

BIG HEAVY AND MEAN

2. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Do you mean the window fell down and broke, or did the entire tailgate open and fall down?

If the whole gate fell, the latches probably need adjusting, or your body's not quite straight (no comments on that please; couldn't think of a better way to word it) in the rear. That's all I can say...anyone else?

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

3. paul_cfh

paul_cfh Registered Member

the latches in my "new" 78 are totally worn out and dont latch right they dont even hold the tailgate shut so i ordered new ones from lmc

<font color=blue>where the road ends the fun begins</font color=blue>

4. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Get a catalog from http://www.longmotor.com. There you'll find diagrams for the whole Blazer. Then get a tailgate from a junkyard or from a friend and buy the stuff that's missing from the catalog.[​IMG]

<font color=black>//////
    What the heck!...Drive it like gas is $0.50/gal!!!
    </font color=black>[​IMG]

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I have the diagram you so desire. I installed a new gate on my 74.Got it from the dealer they copied it for me, it shows all the parts for it inside and out. if you still need it I might fax or be able to download(might be cool on the specs. area of the front page of CO.K5) let me know

loudtuneschevyfumes@home.com

6. solid454

solid454 Registered Member

i was looking at it as i was going down the road toaday and there is a big gap between the body and the tailgate. i think its from the tire rack that use to be on there. any way i can straighten it up?

BIG HEAVY AND MEAN

7. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Hey chevyfumes if you could download a picture of the diagram I think it will even help me, I need to know which parts are inside the tailgate, mine is broken too, my window wont go down and in trying to put it down I broke the whole handle off, that s*cks so now I need a handle and something else thanks.

LOVE MY GREEN GIANT!!!