Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I messed up my 14bolt's pinion yoke

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TX Mudder, Feb 7, 2001.

1. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I messed up my 14bolt\'s pinion yoke

I snapped off one of the driveshaft bolts in the yoke. I've tried an extractor, but they keep breaking. Tried drilling it completely out, but my electric drill just isn;t able to do it.
    What about getting a bolt to go through the hole and putting a lock washer and a nut on the end? Would it throw the driveshaft balance out of whack?
    I'm sure a new yoke is a good $80 or more, plus there is the crush sleeve to mess with.
    -- Mike

2. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

Re: I messed up my 14bolt\'s pinion yoke

I had the same problem with my front Dana 44. I tried an extractor and it broke. I decided to get a new yoke and I got it for $65 at the dealer. I rented a puller, put the new one on and tightened down the bolt. No problems and its been over 4 years. But, to make sure that you do not over tighten the pinion nut simply mark the nut and the top of the pinion with a marker. Then when reinstalling tighten the nut until the marks line up.

74 Blazer
    Kashmir
    Zepplin