Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I met this girl...LONG thread.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Oct 12, 2006.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

background history:
    Usually I have a very hard time talking to girls unless I previously knew them or was friends with them. So meeting new girls is a challenge for me. I am just shy, and the concersations are ackward.

story:
    Back in the beginning of August I was out at the lake we "camp" at. I, along with my soon-to-be step sister and some of the friends from around the campground were down by the lake. It was approximately 7-8 o'clock. After a while more people came by and I just stood outside of the crowd as I didn't know most of the poeple that had come. Everyone I knew was already in a conversation so I just minded my own business and stood around for a while. After a bit this particular girl talked to my soon to be step sister and asked who I was because she thought I was kinda cute...

My soon to be step sister (that is long to type out...urg) introduced me to her and right off the bat we started a conversation.

More background information...
    I like to use sarcasm and can sometimes be a smartass sometimes.

Somehow using sarcasm and a bit of humour we started talking about stuff and joked around. It was going great, I never talked to someone I didn't know this well before. After a while, the other crowd was getting loud (it was just be and her talking on the outside of the group) she said her feet hurt so we went and sat down on a picnic bench approx. 50 feet away.

Now it was just her and I in privacy. For what I thought was around 1.5hrs we talked, and talked, and talked somemore about anything and everything. I completely opened up to her and she did the same. She told me about her life and her family and I did too. She flirted, I flirted. Now I don't know how this came about but we chatted the whole time, as far as I could remember there were no ackward pauses or moments. It was all fluidly done. She is quite the talker, so that may be part of the reason. But for once in my life, I chatted my mouth off to (so I think...?).

After a while of talking a few people I knew came over and told this girl that she had to go up and "check in". About 10 people in the group walked up to the camp ground bathroom facilities because that was the only light besides the moonlight (it was around 10:00 or later by now and it was almost completely dark) She and her cousin went and checked in.

Afterwards we went to a party sort of deal at a friends trailer and stayed there for a while. I was with the girl the whole time, yet I hardly talked to her. I think it was because of all the other people I didn't really know with her that made me "mute"...

Once again...after a while they had to go back because of a curfew... it was just after 12:00 now. They were going to leave, the girl told me I was coming (like she wanted me to come because she was interested in me?) with them, and I jokingly said, "what if I don't want to" I think she said something like I had to come or something...but I was coming anyways...

We get back there and we sit at her table with her 2 friends and one of her cousins. She sits the opposite side and opposite corner of me. They are all looking at pictures her friend took previously in the night. I think nothing of it, it was a great night... anyways she hardly said a word to me, and me back to her. After over an hour I had to be back to my trailer so I said my poor good byes told the girl I would talk to her the next day before she left at 12:00 and left. By now it was close to 1:30 and I was suposed to be back by 1:00. Turns out the parents weren't there so I didn't have to go back. But I stayed there because the people I was with were going to bed.

The night goes by as I sleep....

The morning comes around and I am up at around 8:30. I have breakfast by 10:00 and go to to her place just before 10:30. They just woke up and were eating breakfast so I left and was planning to come back in a bit. I go back around 11:00-11:15 maybe and shes not there. I go looking for her and lose hope, thinking she may have left. I have my phone number on a piece of paper in my pocket for her.

The previous night I had learned she was moving from a small town 8 or so hours away from me, to the town I live in.

After a while I go and ride my bike down to the lake and notice her cousin and her 2 friends are on the dock. I go and sit with them for a bit and finally ask where she is...she was in the shower.

I end up going back to my place for a bit and wait it out.

Just before 12:00 I go up and see if shes there. I talk to one of her cousins I previously knew from before for a bit, sneakily looking around to see if I can find the girl. After a bit I notice she is up on the deck...so I go up and sit beside her...

She is with probably 4+ adult relatives plus her friends and cousins...kind of ackward for me. So I just listened to everyones conversations. After 10 or so minutes they had to leave. Kind of dissappointed in myself I gave her my phone number and told her to call me if she was interested.
    She missunderstood me and thought I said "what is your name". So that kind of was a bad sign. I corrected myself and then her reply to my original statement was, "if not, I will see you in school" or something like that. The total opposite that I expected.

So she drove away and I walked back to my place all confused.

This was the long weekend for Canada in August. I never asked for her number, I thought if she was actually interested she would call me.

My step sister and her met first and became friends, so they exchaged email addresses. In the meantime they talked and I eventually found out she was in her old town packing and getting ready to move.

I had not heard from her until the last week in August (almost a month had gone by, with no word from her. I expected her to at least call and say something...but nothing) Eventually one night when she was now in town staying at her grandparents she called me and wanted to hang out.

I immediately called back on her cousins cell which she called from and we got together that night. It was her, her cousin, this guy I knew from school, and I.
    The night was odd, but to sum it up I think her and this other guy flirted more than she even talked to me. So I was very confused that night.

Time went on and school was quickly approaching. I finally broke down and asked for her email address from my step sister. I talked with her quite a bit for a few nights over MSN. It was a weird conversation because I told her about this girl I liked and how I wished I could see her and get to know her better...I dont know if she was playing with it or not but the girl i was telling her about was in fact her.

For 2 or so weeks during school I told myself I was going to find her at school and tell her how I felt about her. This turned out to be a lot harder than I thought. Ever since the one night we got together at the end of august things were different. I had no clue if she liked me or not. People from the lake told me she was flirting with me a lot and so was I. So I assumed we had something going on that could get into something later on.

It turns out I never ended up talking to her.

After a while I found out she was drinking the night I met her, and she was probably drunk at the time. From my assumptions I am guessing she thought I was something the night, then in the morning she thought less of me.

I waited too long to tell her how I felt and now she has a boyfriend. I don't know...

She is confusing though, a few weeks ago she left a message on my computer to call her sometime and that she misses me. So I don't know whats going on.

I just wish I wasn't so shy. I could have made something out of this. For the first time in my life I could easily talk to this girl. Now I don't know for sure now how much of it was real, since she had been drinking.

I really liked this girl, but it just doesn't seem to be working out.

I really hope that this isn't the last girl I talk to like I did with her. She really made an impact on me.

From now and into the future I am going to call her and see how shes doing. Maybe see if I can find out the truth of the whole thing, if she was actually drunk while I talked to her, and if she actually was attracted to me or if it was the booze talking and whatever. Anyways...

Sorry this is so long...

Just thought I'd share with you guys...

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

dude, if you like her, you have to let her know, dont be clingy, jsut take her out, or something, movie, dinner something, just the 2 of you

3. gmcman7202

gmcman7202 1/2 ton status

i have same background info as you, and i have a very simular story. we hooked up in the end, and have beeen together about 3.5 yrs now. i have a feeling it will all work out

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Oh ****...... uhmmmmmmm

1. Be honest

2. Be natural

3. Don't be a perv

4. Be evenhanded

I dunno

5. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

wow, I read that whole thing! Tough situation there bud. I was shy growing up too... but lucky me I didn't go with out a girl friend too long :) She was definatly interested at camp, and you could have maybe gotten a little closer there, but i think she was waiting for you to make a move on her.
    watch these then go get her! Good luck man.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Seduction School Part 1/5
    08:48
    Views: 36111
    << Now Playing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Seduction School Part 2/5
    10:41
    Views: 27718

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Seduction School Part 3/5
    10:53
    Views: 22012

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Seduction School Part 4/5
    10:42
    Views: 20003

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Seduction School Part 5/5
    07:28
    Views: 21257

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

oh one more thing, you ask for her number, never give a girl your number and hope she calls if you like her

7. skidpan

skidpan 1/2 ton status

damn this reminds me of that one long drawn out go get the girl at the auto part store thing........

8. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

deja vu huh? Me too.
    Steve, all I can say is that the rewards for stepping past your shyness, even for a few minutes, can be so incredibly worth it that afterwards you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner. BT, DT.

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

With capman? That was a looong threa.d

10. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

LOL it was long, eh?

I will take a look at those tonight...thanks :)

11. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

It was Mountainexplorer, and he asked that it not be dredged anymore.

12. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Oh right, my mistake.

13. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I wouldn't even worry about it . When the time is right , and the right girl comes along , you will automatically know what to do , and just do it .

Just worry about the day to day stuff .

If you go searching for something you never find it , and usually get divorced from who you pick .

14. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

so true Paul, and Steve she sounds shy also if she needed to drink to open up.

15. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Never works but I bet your truck got alot of stuff fixed on it...or you have a major pile of parts waiting for it to break:haha:

16. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Steve..

When talking to the ladies, the "perfect" thing to say, and the "perfect" time to say it doesn't exist..You did fine..Now that that's out of the way:

Just force yourself to talk to new people whenever you have the opportunity.. you'll lose the shyness in no time..

Talk to every girl that catches your eye, and if you like her, strike while the iron's hot and tell her..he who hesitates is lost.. she might not like you back, but who cares? no one's gonna take away your birthday if it doesn't work out.. the important thing is to hone your social skills.

Also.. if you let a girl know you dig her, and she starts playing games, ignore her and if possible start paying attention to her best friend ( if she's hot).. Furthermore, don't fall into the trap us nice guys can get stuck in, which is deciding you'll be her friend if you can't have her in the way you really want.. That just establishes a pattern of you getting crapped on by women until you die. There's a difference between being nice, and being passive.

Remember the universal law of women - finding: " Women are like buses.. you miss one, another will be along shortly".

Tom

17. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

i was at a friends party last night and met a girl. Didnt think much of it at first until we started talkin more and myself and her were the only ones doin shots of Bacardi. Drunkeness happened and we where giggling like little school girls. even before the drunk goggles were applied i was thinking about how cute and fun she was.

Im a shy person and have a hard time starting convo's and keeping them going.

i was able to get her name and that she had a facebook. I got to put my arm around her and stuff like that. But otherwise i was toooo drunk to even try to make a move. We both were wasted and unable to think about what was happening.

So now i look back on the night and wish i had made my move. Ive added her on facebook and hope to start the talking. finishing all this online is gonna be even harder than it was while drunk.

Another day in the life.....

18. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

UPDATE

Well some things have changed. She was on MSN tonight and sort of made me explain things...which takes a lot of my back.

Turns out she wasn't drunk, or drinking the night I met her.
    Turns out she felt there was something between us, like I was hoping
    Turns out she was waiting for me to make the first move in asking her out

Downside is she really likes her current BF.

Comments?

19. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Keep an eye on her, maybe the current will turn out to be a pric and she'll ditch him. I wouldnt wait to long though, I wasted in the area of 6 months back in highschool waiting for that to happen...come to think of it i think shes still with that guy:doah:

20. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

comments? The Bran man was right! Just what i said! lol anyway keep in touch, high school relationships don't last for ever. Stick around and when she's single, and recovered from the break up, and ask her to dinner.