Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I met tRusty on I-5!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 2Dogs, Aug 13, 2001.

1. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

A quote from tRusty that I need to comment on.....
    <blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I wish i did have it on there on Friday, I was on my way home from California, towing the 74 Blazer I picked up from Talldogg (thanks dude!!!) when this nut in a dark green Vette starts driving really wierd, slowing down in the left lane etc...
    As I got along side of this character he starts yelling something, then I heard him yell "ColoradoK5????"...
    I pulled over to the side of the road and it was Dave (96C4&amp;91K5) so we chatted for a few minutes. It turns out he was on his way to his sister's wedding and just happened to pass me...

Anyways, he wasn't sure who i was and of course I didn't have my tRusty decal on yet. It was pretty cool to meet another CK5 brother in the middle of nowhere though! BTW Dave seems like a really cool guy, and he has a damned nice Corvette!!

Rene

<hr></blockquote>

I am hauling a$$ on I-5 just south of Mt. Shasta and I see a K5 towing another K5 body. I am thinking hmmmmm, guy after my own heart. Well as I get closer things are clicking in my head (it hurts, thought I had that fixed) and my pea-brain is making some CRAZY cross refernces to the tow vehicle. Getting right next to it and I am thinking not too many Blazers can look that way ( I have a permanent pic of Trusty flying off that dune etched in my head- awesome!) and then I saw the BC plates. Too many signs so I figure what the hell and proceed to clear the freeway of all traffic when I start yelling ColoradoK5???? The driver nods and motions to pull over.....
    He nailed my identity first guess. I KNEW who I was speaking with but I still couldn't believe it so I had to ask - sorry Rene but I was still very surprised! (And you ARE the CK5 legend - We are not worthy!)

Thanks for stopping to chat - I enjoyed it. I hope I didn't scare you and your family but I am sure you know us California drivers.....

On the Vette - just got it on the road after destroying 2 wheels on road debris. Then a water pump. The new electric water pump conversion worked well enough for me to burn up the tranny - this thing only has 35k on it!

All you 4L60E guys - Shuddering in OD means shot tranny, correct?

Once again - It was great meeting you Rene! Next time I hope to buy you a beer (or 12).

Dave

Saw It... Wanted It... Had A Fit... Got It
    91 K5 - in the process of 4" lift with D60/14FF plus LOTS of extras. ETF August 1.

2. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

How sweet is that!

<font color=white>It's good to be out</font color=white>
    <font color=white>Out of my mind and out of control</font color=white>
    <font color=blue>Twiztid</font color=blue>

3. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

So nice of Rene to let you bask in his glory![​IMG]

Dos mas Tecates!!!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

That was pretty cool Dave...I've never been pulled over by a Corvette before![​IMG][​IMG]

Its too bad we didn't have a little longer to chat!

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

5. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

yea, before too long trusty is gonna try increasing him fame by picking up a k5 body on the east coast so he can get a chance to meat most of the k5 members! [​IMG]

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff</a>

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

7. tRustyK5

I think i'm done with road trips for a while...as fun as they are my poor ass needs to recover![​IMG]

Rene

8. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

To think I made cookies for your kids and everything and ya never called me! [​IMG] Oh well I gave them to my neighbor... Next time you get so close call me, I'll drive to meet you! If you don't I might have to whoop ya! [​IMG]

C'mon captain break pedal... quit looking for the parade and drive!! [​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</a>
    &lt;&gt;&lt; MARK 1:17 &gt;&lt;&gt;

9. tRustyK5

Hey Steph, I got home to find yer number in my pm's...I had already left when you sent it. I did have Mark send ya an email before we left to go home but you didn't respond...unless you got it after we left?[​IMG]

Sometimes meeting people just doesn't work out, ask Lara...I got within 100 feet of her and didn't know it and ended up missing her.

I'll be down again...and with a bit more time for side trips I hope!

Rene

10. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Dave,
    How do you think I felt when I got home last Thursday evening and there's some guy in my backyard!!! Actually the odds were pretty good that Rene was going to run into someone from the site. He did travel from border to border. I can't believe he drove ALL the way down here, from CANADA!!! He asked me if we were near the border and I told him he could have biked there from my house. I am amazed and glad that the "artifical reef" that was sitting in my back yard went to a good home. Hey Rene, now it's time to begin TRusty II, The Sequel.[​IMG]

It's not what you buy, it's what you build!

11. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

We want to take a trip up the rockies again so maybe I'll stop by to see you..... You have anything I can tow back?? LOL

Dave

Saw It... Wanted It... Had A Fit... Got It
    91 K5 - in the process of 4" lift with D60/14FF plus LOTS of extras. ETF August 1.

12. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

did you get his autograph???? Huh??? Did ya????

No prohibiting allowed!!!!

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/>http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/</a>

13. tRustyK5

I'm sure I could find something for you to tow back...[​IMG]
    How about my wifes Jeep? Please?[​IMG]

Rene

14. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Dave,
    Nothing at the momment, but you never know what I might bring home!!! If all goes well I might have a K30 minus drivetrain for ya! LOL!
    Sam

15. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

LOL!! I got him to sign my t-shirt!!! LOL! I wanted to take a picture of the notorious and elusive tRusty, but he said I could only take a picture after sunset and without flash photography!

16. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

That's when you trick him and say. "Opps! I thought I turned the flash off!" LOL!!!

No prohibiting allowed!!!!

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/>http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/</a>

17. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

I'm sure he would gave grabbed the camara and pulled the film out yelling "enough paporazzi, leave me alone"! LOL!!

If it doesn't sit on a frame, then it isn't a truck.

18. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

It's ok. [​IMG] I left Mark a PM with my number and he said he'd give it to you.... so I was like c'mon! LOL Oh well, next time for sure! [​IMG]

C'mon captain break pedal... quit looking for the parade and drive!! [​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</a>
    &lt;&gt;&lt; MARK 1:17 &gt;&lt;&gt;

19. tRustyK5

Yup, next time for sure...
    Maybe you should have done what Dave did. Find a nice Vette and just chase me down somewhere on the I-5.[​IMG][​IMG]

Rene

20. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

you see that is why you use a digital camera... no film for them to destroy... heheehheeheh

Prembird
    [​IMG] <font color=blue> If it aint</font color=blue><font color=red> LOUD </font color=red><font color=blue> Then turn it </font color=blue><font color=red> UP</font color=red> [​IMG]