Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I might be moving to TN, what do ya'll think.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 01maroonz71, Mar 18, 2007.

1. 01maroonz71

01maroonz71 1/2 ton status

well, currently, im almost 23, and live in bradenton, FL. i made a decent amount last year driving a truck for a local company i've been with since i was 18(5yrs). things are so crazy down here, it's unreal, you can't buy a decent house for under 190k and that's on a TINY TINY lot. around knoxville(where my g/f's sister lives) there are houses on like 6 or 7 acres going for just over 100k. it's unreal. i pay 900 in rent for a 600sq/ft apartment, and it goes up in two months. they want my 60day notice now, or else i have to sign another lease.

well, i think with my CDL, i should be able to go up there and find a job. a quick search of monster tells me that coca cola and rooms to go are hiring starting at 35-40k(what i made last year) with sign on bonuses. sounds too good to be true to me....the mortgage payment will be less than i pay in rent now

what do ya'll think???any input????

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I have a cousin that lives up around there. Some idiots from a certain northwestern state that frequent PBB think I'm from Tennessee for some reason. Other than that, I'm no help. :D

3. 1-tonmudder

1-tonmudder 1/2 ton status

I'm about an hour away from there and compared to us,the real estate market is a lot higher.Also they are ALWAYS doing road construction in k-town and it can be a major hassle.On the other hand you would be a stone's throw from coalcreek/windrock and convient to the UROC event's at Jellico(not Tellico).I personally dont think I would want to live there,but Im not trying to get out of Florida either.Blalocks is a major construction comp in that area,and you might could get a job with them.They are doing a hwy projects now to connect the Tri-cities(Johnson city,Kingsport,Bristol TN)to the smokies.

4. 01maroonz71

awesome man...i was thinking of coming up there and renting for 6months or so....apartmetns are way cheaper of there...till i can get settled down and i can buy a house(look at local areas). thanks man, im gonna check into blalocks right now.
    ~Dave

5. 1-tonmudder

Try this #865-453-2808,It might not be good the phone book I got it out of is 5 years old.:eek1: Might also want to check the Dandridge/Strawberry-Plains area,close to Knoxville and the lake.

6. 01maroonz71

awesome man...thanks alot...i come up there atleast once a year and start in bryson city, NC and work my way to pigeon forge, gatlinberg and end in knoxville. i hope this all works out. beautiful part of the country. thanks again!!!

7. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

8. 01maroonz71

damn...awesome man, thanks alot!!!

9. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

I lived in Northwest Florida my entire life up until I went into the military. I had all plans of moving back to Florida when I retire. Now that property has went up so much and Florida gets more and more crowded I have decided not to move back. I think I will stay in Clarksville TN myself. I love this area. Good wheeling, beautiful scenery, plenty of attractions, and decent work. Only go back to see family, they came up to visit last year and have decided to move as well. I say go for it.

10. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

I was just at Fedex Freight in South Knoxville. There are a lot of trucking companies in the area. With I40, I75 and I81 near by alot of freight moves through the area.

I live in Seymour which is 10 miles east of Knoxville. The is a big difference between West Knoxville and East Knoxville. The West is newer, with more stores and restruants, and cost a bit more. East is the older side, with farmers, light industrial parks and cheaper housing. Too far east runs you in to Servierville, Pidgeon Forge, Gatlinburg and the tourist. To the Northwest is Oakridge...how do you feel about hauling radioactive?:crazy:

11. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

Knoxville is where UT is :doah: . Don't do it.

Auburn Tigers Rule UT. :saweet:

12. 01maroonz71

haha....yeah, thanks alot guys, as far as what im hauling, im goin to get my hazmat next teusday, and also doubles so im not so much worried about that. ill haul anything as long as im gettin paid(the g/f said she didn't want me haulin petroleum, but it doesn't matter to me) In knox county, coca cola is hiring with a 2500 sign on bonus, and they say 35k-40k your first year. that sounds great. the problem is that most morgages look at how long you've been at your job, so that may screw me, unless i can get approved while i still work where i do now, then come up there and get a job. hmmmm.....

13. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

I have found that allot of mortgage company's will cut you some slack if you are working in the same field that you were in before you moved. So as long as you are still hauling it shouldn't be a big problem.

14. primergray4x4

primergray4x4 Registered Member

[​IMG] That's great. That area of Tn. I lived in middle Tn for 8 years an ran a little with the Middle Tn Trail Runners. You'll love wheel'n in Telico. It has trails maintained by the Southern 4 wheel drive Ass. Great people to ride with an be around.

[​IMG]

15. 01maroonz71

damn. that's it...it's settled, im there!!!! all we have is a little mud down here in FL. but anymore, there's really no where to go wheelin

16. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I had to get with a couple of guys from Pensacola last time I was down, just to find a place to go anymore. The trails have gotten few and far between since I was younger and lived in Florida. The trails were pretty dried up last summer but it was still great to take the truck out with the guys. By the way thanks Scott and Rob!

17. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Another place to try is C.W. Mathews Construction. I think they are doing work that way. I know they were looking for drivers here in Atlanta and Chattanooga.

On the mortgages- as long as you are in the same field, have a steady work history, and good credit you'll be ok. The legit mortgage companies know when people get more disposable income they often want to buy a new house.

Good luck with the move.

18. 01maroonz71

thanks alot man...im gonna try to talk my current apt into signing me a 4 or 5 month lease. the lady in the office adores me, so i think ill be ok. that will buy me some time to do some job/home hunting. thanks again ya'll....im gonna look into those companies.

19. NewUser

NewUser 1/2 ton status

oh great....another War Chicken fan :doah: :screwy:

:haha:

20. 1-tonmudder

Their seems to be a trend of Floridian's moving in.