Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I might buy this 85 K5. What do you think??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Scott A, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Scott A

Scott A 1/2 ton status

http://home.adelphia.net/~sra1/K5/85K5.jpeg
    1985 CHEVROLET BLAZER, 4x4, K5, ps, pdl, pb, tilt, CD, grey paint, 42" Super Swampers, blk Bushwacker fenders. It has 1/2ton axles and 50k on a rebuilt 350 motor with 350 trans. Im going to look at it tomarrow. The guy that owns it got it from his brother and hasent driven it in over 2 years. He says it has a straight body, he is not sure what kind a lift it has. I will find out a lot more tomarrow and I will take a bunch of digital pics. He is asking $6000 but he is open to offers.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

the one bad thing i see is the 1/2 ton axles /forums/images/icons/frown.gif with 42's thats not good unless you only drive it on the street's and have a very light right foot /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

the one bad thing i see is the 1/2 ton axles /forums/images/icons/frown.gif with 42's thats not good unless you only drive it on the street's and have a very light right foot /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

What he said.

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Almost sounds like a show truck. Mabey a little high priced too.

6. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

85 k5's RULE!

Well, the wheels and tires have to be worth $1500 or $2000, which makes the rest of the truck seem more reasonably priced. The paint is very valuable. If it is the original, it will peel. If it has been redone and is in good shape, then the truck is probably worth the asking price. You can always talk him down, too. Just start pointing out everything that is wrong with it. Remember to figure in that you will need new wheels once the proper axles are in place.

7. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Check for rust! A good paint job can hide alot of the past but get underneath and look around. The 42's and rims are worth a pretty coin but the fact that its been sitting so long can cause many engine problems. I'd bring him down as close to 4000 as possible....maybe lower depending on how the engine runs (do a compression check). With 10bolts unless they have been regeared which I really hope the drivetrain may be a weak link in the near future.