Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I might have been Scammed on EBAY.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bamf, Mar 31, 2006.

1. bamf

bamf 1/2 ton status

SO last saterday I won http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=8048661354&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT

I paid for this Item with in 5 mins of AH ending. I get a email From the guy saying they will be mailed out Monday or tuesday.

Monday night i send email asking whats up. He tells me He will send it out Tuesday and email me tracking number during lunch. Im still waiting on that tracking number and Have sent him a Few emails with out getting anything back.

I do knwo that it has only been a week. But what gets me thinking about him Scamming me is that he is no longer a registered member anymore.

So what do you all think? Should I wait a lil big longer or should I let Paypal and Ebay know about this?

2. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

I am right now waiting on an item I paid for over 3 weeks ago. I sent payment and heard nothing from the seller for a week. He had 300+ sales and 100% positive feedback, so I messaged him asking what was up. Turns out he had to leave his home state for a family emergency, and he'd get it out as soon as he could. I just asked him to please keep me in the loop, and that I understood. So, right now I'm not really too worried. I'd at least email him once more telling him that if he doesn't respond, you will be contacting ebay and paypal.

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Read ebay rules.. I think they state that you have to wait 30 days.. The no longer registered part might be he just hasn't paid his bill yet. I got cut off for a couple of days once.. For late pay..

4. bamf

bamf 1/2 ton status

its the part where he is no longer a member that gets me worried.

I can understand family stuff. but let someone know. I will be emailing him again tonight. Lets hope for the best.

5. grizzlyoffroad

grizzlyoffroad 1/2 ton status

If you paid through PayPal, you can contact them with a complaint. They will mediate the trouble and do their best to get your money back...that is, if you ARE getting scamed. Good luck.

6. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Keep an eye on his feedback, if negatives start pouring in then you have your answer.

If possible use Paypal and buy the PP guarantee for a few extra dollars. It covers you against just about anything.

A good seller will contact you within 24 hours or less.

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

File a complaint with PayPal ASAP. You can always withdraw it if you get the stuff. If you wait too long, you los your'e right. Plus it puts a little pressure on the seller because PP reverses the charge and holds the $$.

8. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Everything they've already said.... NOTIFY PAYPAL IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!! I had this trouble back in January. I got my money refunded.

Hound and harass the seller with repeated emails, and get paypal involved.

9. bamf

bamf 1/2 ton status

Going to be a nice guy and let him have to the end of the weekend if i dont hear anything by sunday ill go through Paypal. THere is another Auction like that one that I may be able to bid on ^^ but i rather have these.

10. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I tried to buy a pocket knife online aboot a month ago, and after a day or two, I got an email showing me alternatives, since the one I ordered was sold out. I told him unless I could get an identical item, I'd just take my money back. Nothing happened. I then sent a polite, but to the point email saying if I didn't have my money back by Friday, I would contact Paypal and Visa to investigate my options. Money was back pretty quickly. I don't think he was trying to scam me, but I didn't want to find out I was wrong the hard way.

11. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I thought I had finally gotten scammed on ebay this past Christmas. I bought a toy for my son and didn't receive it after 3 or 4 weeks.

I had given up and ordered another one. I went through the ebay notification process and they sent me a phone number. Never got an answer. We sent several messages and no answer.

We finally said, "Okay, tomorrow we are going to turn this guy in, we've done all the steps required by ebay." Lo and behold the toy showed up that next day.

The person had 100% positive feedback. I don't know what the deal was.

12. bamf

bamf 1/2 ton status

ok good news lol I should have my items by this after noon. He sent me a email yesterday.

13. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I had something similiar happen last year. I notifiied PayPal right away and when I got the stuff all I had to do was notify them that all was well so that they would release the guys $$$. Prety good system because they held the $$$ until t was all clear.

14. bamf

bamf 1/2 ton status

well it was suppose to be here on sunday. But it didnt get here and now He just sent me my money >< kinda sucks too just missed out on another Auction selling the same thing. So now im back where I started.

lol guess i cant be to mad i do have my money back. Just wish i had the trim i needed.