Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I might not be on much for awhile

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BowtieRed, Oct 19, 2003.

1. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

Not that anyone cares- just if you are going to PM me, be patient. Just seems that lately a lot of [darn] is going wrong on every level- my truck, life, etc. . . I'm not coming here to complain and ask everyone to feel sorry for me, we all go through this [darn], and I hope that I can get it straightened out, or that it'll pass. I don't know what exactly brought me to think about all this, maybe the new medication I started, I don't know- but I just feel like [darn]! I guess right now I'm sorta venting, without actually venting. . . but anyway, this weekend SUCKED!! And to top it off I accidentally taped over the video of my truck shooting flames! That's really the least of my worries though. . . I'm ranting. . . oh well, you don't have to read this. The jist of the whole damn thing anyway, is that I hate getting the wrong impression, then having it thrown in my face! AND my truck isn't ever going to work right! THIS BLOWS!!!

To be honest, CK5 is my escape from all this [darn], seriously. Thank all ya'll guys for always having some hilarious stories that always seem to help pass [darn]. I know most of ya'll have gone through your high school years already, so I'm keeping an open ear for any advice.
    Thanks,
    Henry

-Already doing the whole listening to Tim McGraw - Not A Moment Too Soon CD over and over again trick. . . it's doin the best so far-

2. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Think positive! everyone goes through troubled times.It will all pass with Time.Good luck and hope all goes well for you................

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I accidentally taped over the video of my truck shooting flames!

[/ QUOTE ] im going to cry now...i feel so unloved...dood...sorry to hear about things not going your way, just smile and muster through, it WILL get better...trust me ive been there...

4. BowtieRed

. . .sigh. . . it still shoots them. i'll get a video as soon as it's out of the shop. i just gotta let it warm up.

5. Confedneck

lol man im not entirely worried about the whole flame video thing...why the heck is it in the shop??

6. BowtieRed

brake work. . . this time replacing what they didn't. . .

7. BowtieRed

well. . . things aren't perfect. . . but a two hour conversation with the cause for your confusion sure does help /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

8. Confedneck

[ QUOTE ]
    well. . . things aren't perfect. . . but a two hour conversation with the cause for your confusion sure does help /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

well ill tell ya what, i just spent 2 minutes trying to decipher this and the cause for my confusion is that statement, what the hell??? maybe im just a little bit more tired than i thought? LOL take it easy bro, and REEELLLAXXX and go get a woman! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

I don't have any good advice, so I'll just try to cheer you up: /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

One of my favorite quotes is from the movie 'American Beauty'...

"This is my daughter, Janie. She's the typical teenager... Confused, Angry, and Rebellious. I'd tell her that all that will pass, but I don't want to lie to her."

Or something like that. You get the idea. I'm twice as old as I was when I was a teenager and I'm still Confused, Angry, and Rebellious. I'm not expecting it to pass any time soon. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

On the vehicles and medication... About 6 months ago I was so ill from medication that I couldn't make it through the shower without throwing up or at least sitting down halfway through to rest. 3 of 3 vehicles were broken down, 2 of them with minor problems... I could hardly eat let alone go out in the cold and crawl around under the van. I thought it would never get better. Long story short, today I took a shower and didn't throw up, and tonight while I was sitting on the front step watching my Boy ride his bike, I noticed that the Van is nearly 'Good as New'... Over the past 6 months I've managed to rebuild the front end, put brakes on it, complete exhaust system, and recently two (more) 'used but good' tires. Battery and alternator. The gas tank leaks a little if you put more than 3/4 tank in it, but otherwise it's a good dependable ride again, and even looks pretty sharp. 6 months ago it was a hulking, immobile slap in my sickly face, sitting on the front lawn, finally completely immobilized because of a burst heater hose. (Is there a point here somewhere???) /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

So not only do I like to talk about myself, but I wanted to point out that even though the [darn] gets pretty thick sometimes, the way I get through is to try not to look at the gawd-awful big picture and try to tackle one thing at a time. I traded somebody for a set of ball joints... found a set of brakes I never put on another van that I was able to reuse... found a new flowmaster for the Van for $20 and built a pretty respectable exhaust system for under $100... an afternoon of wrenching here and there and it's almost good as new. (Knock on Wood...)

So anyways, not that life is that much like a Chevy Van, but there's a point in there somewhere if you look hard enough. Keep chugging away one problem at a time and try to step out of the way when the bus drives past your house, and things will eventually get better.

/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Paul 'X'

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

smile and drop out of school... worked for me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Unless you're going to prison and will have a cell mate named Leroy or Bubba (no offense Bubba /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif) then life is good. We all experience good and bad times. You just have to learn to handle the bad times

12. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

im going through a hard time right now too..i'm 18years old..im 18 hours from all my friends and family....didn't have a job(just got one), i've got a pain in the ass roomate, i don't know a single person...can't see my two favorite things(vanessa /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif and my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif)...all that i can do is keep looking on the bright side...i just started school and i love it, need to find a girl to hang out with(any IL people wanna hook me up /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif), found a local place where people go and hang out with each other and talk about car(nothing to makes me do this [​IMG] than a 800hp supra /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif....but thats some advise...just look on the bright side...its gonna get better

13. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

Dude,

I know how you feel, when I was 16 I bought my blazer, wrecked it then spent the next 3 years rebuilding it "new frame, motor, axels, wiring...bla x 1034"

The whole point to my non pic pad post is that I was so down sometimes, and usually when I had no money and walking to school when all my friend drove. There where times when I just was so beat down from it all, the g/f hated it, parents hated it, ect.

After 3 years I drive it, and stil tear it apart or rip into it when I get near a sawzaw, all that crap was worth it, the biggest problem I had though was wanting so much all at once and starting 5 different projects at the same time. I know your 16 and you are trying to do things that everyone else is on here, the difference is that alot of them are al in our 30's, 40's with a kid or two, and work a full time job. They may have alot of the bigger mods, but rightfully so, they also didn't do them all overnight and have their own bugets to deal with.

Just hang in there, once it runs..and shifts then drive it for a month or so and jut enjoy it, one project at a time..and when ya can afford 1400 bucks for new tires get those too, did I mention alot of people buy them used /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif Set your eyes on a project and just make it happen, in between projects do the cheaper stuff as money come around.

Pm me if you want a list of stupid stuff I do/did to always get money. It is out there you just need to spend less time on here and go be persistant. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

hang in there, /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

ahhh, dont listin to him, do you really want advice from someone who loves dancing badgers /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Besides dropping out will only cause more friction at home, that i the last hing ya need /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

15. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    REEELLLAXXX and go get a woman!

[/ QUOTE ]

Um... ya.... that ought to solve all your problems.. Or at least it will cover up the old ones... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Besides dropping out will only cause more friction at home, that i the last hing ya need /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe for other people... But I rarely see my parents due to different work schedules, me leaving the house to go cruising (fer chikz), or chilling in here on CK5 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Dropping out isn't for everyone, but I still say it's the best thing that I ever did for myself. I went every day late, always got behind in all my classes because I'd rather hang out with friends or whatever than study and do homework. It was right after I broke up with Heather, and even though I was relieved, I still thought it was the end of the world /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif... I wanted to work more so I could have more money for whatever vehicle I was on at the time... I think my Scout... Then it all escalated and I was like [darn] this [darn] and turned in my books. Got a full time job, got me a somewhat nice truck, a GED, and now I'm gonna go to college next fall with a fresh view on school and some kinda motivation that came out of nowhere to make something of myself... Life's been so much better since I dropped out, and I probably would've gone crazy if I stayed much longer since I wasn't doing anything to deal with the stress, just letting it build up /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Anyway... there's my story supporting dropping out of high school, your results may vary /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Well things could be worse.
    You aint got it so bad.............
    There's only one thing harder than being a teenager.
    Thats being a Parent of one or more./forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    So buck up! and smile /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Things will get better.