Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I might of found a new truck

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by adamforsythe, Apr 4, 2005.

1. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

I found a "1986 K5 Blazer Full size, 4 wheel drive, body excellent, good paint, step sides, new motor, good interior, runs great, excellent shape for year, new sticker, ask for details, $1800 obo".
    It is a white truck it is blue on the inside :) . I told her to send me photos of the truck and drop the price to $1500 and we would have a deal. If I end up buying the truck I plan on ripping just about everything off from under the truck and putting rust bullet on every part (NOT THE: drivelines, tranny or T-case but those parts will get painted). Then I will paint everything. Then I will drive the truck to the paint shop and get it painted. Then I will take my built 350 out of my junked 85 and stick it in there. I will run the TH700R4 intell it starts to kill over. Then I will drop a Th350 or TH400 in there and start my show truck build again.
    Thanks
    Adam

2. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

I'd be looking for one with a bad motor so you can get it cheaper, since you already have a nice one to go in it.