Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I Need a Bikini

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by smp, Feb 8, 2002.

1. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

A bikini top for my 72 whats up with kayline did they ever come back or get bought out? Are there any other companys that are making them or somthing that can be adapted to fit the blazer?

[​IMG] Sometimes you feel like a nut [​IMG]

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Yes kayline did get bought out and the new owners are making tops...but no one has ever made a bikini top that I know of. I made my own to hold me over till I got a soft top (I now have a Bestop but havn't put it on yet). I used 1" x 1/8" aluminum to make a frame that attached to where the hardtop bolted and put some snaps on it. It left a bit of a gap at the front but the sun visors blocked most of it...good luck.

PS I have heard of some people using a bikini for a jeep.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>

3. yellowmoon

yellowmoon Registered Member

Lets get someone to make us a bikini top! Or if one of us could come up with a good way to connect the thing, I could get my aunt who is a upholsterer to make the rest... If anyone wants to we could start a business...

Rob &lt;a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/yellowmoon72&gt;72 blazer 4 inch lift 35 tires&lt;/a&gt;&lt;P ID="edit"&gt;&lt;FONT class="small"&gt;&lt;EM&gt;Edited by yellowmoon on 02/10/02 12:10 PM.&lt;/EM&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/P&gt;<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by yellowmoon on 02/10/02 12:11 PM.</FONT></P>

4. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

So does anyone know what jeep bikini you can adapt to fit on the blazer?

[​IMG] Sometimes you feel like a nut [​IMG]

5. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

I made one the first year I had my '72 - canvas from the fabric shop - double thickness - wrapped around a 1/4"x1" aluminum strap bent to fit the mounting holes with grommets lines up with the bolts on the corners and grommets and bungee cords for the back - Covered the driver, but not enough for wet weather --- I have emailable pics - but they are just of the truck with in on - not how it was made -- last summer I tried a cut top (previously known as a full sized Bestop) and used the snaps on the front - but never got the back to work/fit right - I’m back to full sized top - Kayline - bought it here used - rolled back for topless summer cruising and wet weather protection --

'72 Blazer mostly stock original "Baby Poop" yellow color