Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need a diagram!!

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by big94gmc, Apr 30, 2005.

1. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Can anyone please post/send me a picture/diagram of the triple-stick shift pattern....? People have verbally told me which levers do what, but I'm a self-admitted idiot ( :( )....I wanna see what each one does. I don't know if ORD has a helpful diagram or anything, or if anyone has taken the time to make a picture.... Either way, educate me. Show me, and decribe what happens/what you can do in each position.

'Preciate it, folks. Educate a willing soul.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2005
  2. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Well, shiat.... I figured this would've been taken care of within a few hours.... Is there even anything like this that exists???? Am I pissin' up a tree? :confused:

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Get me a fax # and I'll send you our new instructions for the 205 shifting. It has a graphic pattern for the 205 and some other text info you should know. The 203 is easy, it's just high - N - lo.

4. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Thanks a TON Stephen....!!!! :D

But what if I don't have a fax # available? I can't have you send it to my work, 'cause I'm in the Navy - only offical documents can go through the fax machine.... Is there another way to send it??

5. Stephen

6. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Sha-weeeet!!! Thanks. So lemme get this straight: If the truck is triple stick'ed with a GM 203 and 205, then the shifter closest to you controls the 203 range box, and that shifter is Lo-N-Hi, front to back. Then the next shifter (one in the middle) is the rear wheel drive control, Lo-N-Hi, front to back. Then the last shifter, closest to the passenger, is front wheel drive control, Lo-N-Hi, front to back.... Correct?

So if the 203 rangebox is in N, the truck won't move at all. It either has to be in Hi or Lo, and Lo only if I want 4:1, Hi for the 2:1.

And, at no time should one lever be in Hi, and the other lever be in Lo. They should always be in the same gear.... Correct?

I just wanna make sure I know everything about how to work this t-case so I don't grenade a $2000 investment 'cause I'm an idiot and tried to figure it out on my own instead of educating myself first. Thanks, Steve - awesome.

Last edited: May 11, 2005
  7. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Thanks for the diagram!! A few minutes ago I was trying to find my sticker that came with my shifter in my messy garage.

8. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

:confused: What sticker? :confused:

9. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Hey, no hijackin'... I'm trying to get Steve to impart some answers.... Steve? :D

10. Stephen

Sorry, no sticker, he probably meant instruction sheet.

You have it right, 203 lever on the far left, then rear output, then front output. Low forward for all. You shouldn't even be able to cross-shift the 205, unless your shift rails have been messed with in the wrong way.

The only other tip is to run the 205 in low 1st, then put the 203 in low to get 4:1. If you run the 205 in hi and 203 in low, it's possible (in some motor-tire-axle combos) to break the intermediate shaft.