Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I Need a Diesel Engine

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by earl87gta, Mar 3, 2005.

1. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

I need a Diesel engine 6.5 or 5.9 any one have one for sale in Tn or close By?

2. tyco91burban

tyco91burban Registered Member

Im down in the pan handle in fl. i have one in my suburban that runs great just leaks a little bit of oil at the seals. It has about 180,000?? Speedo quit at 149,000. sorry its a 6.2. I want to put a BBC in her. Ill take 300. ill ship it if need be just have to find a place if your willing to pay for it ill send it with everything on it from air cleaner to oil pan.

3. fbronson

fbronson 1/2 ton status

How much are you looking to spend? I've got a virtually brand new 6.2L that I would part with for $2000. (the rebuild cost me over $2500) About the only parts that aren't new are the heads, the block, and the crank shaft. However, they have all been professionally remanufactured. Drop me an e-mail if you have any interest. I'll pay for shipping. (fbronson@du.edu)

Fred

4. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

Im back to looking for one the one I was going to get fell threw. fbronson e-mail me the detailes of yours I may be interested depending on what you have done to it. Thanks

5. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Wish you where closer. I have to much diesel stuff...

mike

6. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

do you ever come down this way?

7. milspec

milspec Registered Member

6.2 in MD

I have a 6.2 that came out of a 91 3500 Air Force step van, the van had 87,000 miles on the odometer. The Gov. had removed the tranny. It has the injector pump and all the fittings. I'm in Ft. Washington MD, next to DC. You're about 3.5 hours south. I'll let it go for $350.00 and deliver for another $100.00 if you can't come get it. Send me a PM if you're interested, I'll also consider trades.

Milspec