Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need a donation here...nor cals rti ramp

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Chaz88K5, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

ok well i have decided to build a rti ramp for the club..i will donate the metel for it...but the one thing i do need is a axle and rims and tires..i just want a basic trailer axle..if anyone has connections to new ones really cheep that would work to...but free is better..PM me if you have anything /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

I have a old axle in the back yard, It's yours for the club RTI ramp. You going to build a 30 degree ramp as the SCBDs have a 20* allready?

3. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

If the one 70~K5 has doesn't work out, We've got every trailer axle you could want at work......5 lug weany ones all the way up to 8 lug monsters. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Let me know if you need anything else for it..Dan

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I'm trying to think of something that I could help with, but I can't think of a dang thing. I might be able to get a hold of a pair of black 15x10 AR Rockcrawler rims with the Chevy fullsize 2wd truck lug pattern (5 lug) and 285/60r15 BFG Comp T/As. My Dad used to have them on his truck but now they're just taking up space in his backyard. I'll ask about them if you're interested. </font color>

6. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

ok well let see here...a better list of what i will need...the steel its self i am coverd there...and trailer type axle...just straight axle...Kidjethro...are there any used ones floatin around...i dont seen any need for new stuff...its not like its goin to be carring much weight...rims and tires i will need too...i can prob scrounch up tires but rims will be a deffinate..but will need to axle first to detiermin what lug patter we will need...also if anyone has some type of hitch layin around..i would prefer a bull dog type hitch (a bit over kill but strong as all he!!) lighting and wireing i am covered there too...if we want to copy the design of so cals. we will need some kind of crank type stand thing (i cant explane it all that well right now...too many drinks in me...ill try again tomorrow if ya dont know what i am talkin about)...what do we want...same deg as so cal..or do we want a 30 deg...so cals is a 23 deg..shoot me some opinons...i like the design of so cals...changing the deg would not be an issue..if i can figure out an easy way to make an adjustable deg ramp..i will try to do that...but trying to make it strong enough to hold a 6000lb vehical and be adjustable could be quite hard...so anyway..yea...well i will check back tommorow sometime and see what we have brewin /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

All I have to donate would be 2 33x12.50-15 Dunlop MudRover tires. Good tread left but no wheels to go with them /forums/images/icons/frown.gif .
    Wold look cool with a mud terrain on the ramp /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    just let me know

8. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

I can get any type rim you will need. I just need to know the lug pattern being used.

David

9. Zeus33rd

I just checked out some of the stuff we have at work.....A small 5 lug axle with no springs is $75. I'm not sure if it's 5" on 4.5" or 5" on 4" or what.......I forgot to measure. Another thing I forgot, lol, was to measure center to center on the spring perches...I'll do that Monday. As far as hitches go.......We have ANY hitch you could imagine. So let me know....and I'll check on that too. I'll also look to see what we as far as used......I know there are a few old axles lyin around....But I think most of them are trash.....Bearing surfaces trashed from bearings going out. But I'll check. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

10. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Why pay for a axle? I said I have one and will put it up for this

11. Zeus33rd

Like i said......If the one 70~K5 has doesnt work out...... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

12. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

is it just a reg trailer axle...what are the specs on it...can ya sanp a pic of it? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

13. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

It's an old trailer axle. Have to move some stuff to get at it. Will do that and take a pic tomorrow. I'll size the pic smaller than the last one I sent you too.

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I have some 15x8 and 15x10 6 lug chrome steel wheels.

15. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

70~k5 alright cool ill be lookin for it

BR depending on what we get for an axle the wheels would work..axle is #1 on the list right now then once i get that in hand then we will know for sure the lug pattern /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

16. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

I think the bolt pattern is Chevy car 5 lug.

17. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

did you happen to get a chance to get pics of it?

18. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

I just sent them Chaz. Got tied up doing things over the weekend. The way this axle was built I think you can cut it down if needed. The main thing is you can cut the spindles/ hubs off and weld them onto a cross brace if you want to.

19. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

I also have a pair of leaf springs for it if you want to spring the ramp.

20. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

that axle looks perfect...i dont see any reason for leaf springs...its not like its goin to be carrying any load...and shoudlent matter much if its bouncein aound..shouldent hurt anything..goin to have to set up a time to pick it up...cant do it this weekend...but maybe the following weekend if you are available..if not let me know when /forums/images/icons/grin.gif