Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need a favor.........

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

You, the viewing public; tell me what y'all think about this. What can be better so on and so forth? Scroll down just a tad and y'all will see it. Thank you.

VORRA

2. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

i think the menu at the bottom of the page is redundant, since there is on right on the side of every page and its easier to read through.

personal taste here...i prefer that my links to pictures open a new window so you don't have to continually backup to the previous page.

other than that it looks good...did you use software or hand-code it?

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    i think the menu at the bottom of the page is redundant, since there is on right on the side of every page and its easier to read through.

personal taste here...i prefer that my links to pictures open a new window so you don't have to continually backup to the previous page.

other than that it looks good...did you use software or hand-code it?

[/ QUOTE ]
    ill second everything that was just said i also really like the opening a new page every-time you click a link /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Looks good... so.... did you come up for the races this weekend? I was wondering about if you went. I went to Alameda to pick up some springs. By the time I remembered it was evening....

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Oh no, I'm not the webmaster over there. Just asking about the article I wrote.

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Season doesn't kick off until the last weekend of this month.

7. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Well I read what you wrote or waht I could see anyway, I don't know if it was my puter or the site, But I could not read the reat of the words on the right side they looked to be cut off by one or two letters.

Eric

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

it was cut off on the side.... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

9. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I didn't even catch that.... but yeah it is cut off....

10. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I think it sucks ass.
    /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Yep... Everyone is right. The right side of the text is cut off. This is prolly due to the webmaster using an editor to create the page and has set the parameters for a higher resolution of monitor.

This is one of the things I was talking about when asked about using web designing programs. If you don't know about HTML and haven't read the instructions that came with the program, your viewing audience may have problems seeing the page in it's entirety. And it's very hard to fix if you know nothing about HTML.

The main problem with web page editors is that they use a "Tables" format in order to make it "Point And Click" friendly. This means that the whole page is laid out in tables which is kind of like a spreadsheet format. These are never ending tables and if you don't set the width parameter it will cut off one side on monitors that are not as big as the one you are editing on. So YOU may see everything but most everyone else does not....

I checked the code source and this one is done in Microsoft Front Page Editor 4.0... The margin is set too small for my monitor and thus the margin tag should not be used at all in order for ALL monitors to see the whole text...

12. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Looks pretty good, I never really cared for the frontpage color changing buttons but thats besides the point. The HOME buttom takes you to index.htm which is not found, I'm guessing the link needs to be changed to index.html (I hate the difference the L can make, but it does make a difference). I didn't run through all the buttons but thats the only one I found. I like the thumbnail gallery.
    Overall it looks good though. I would add a Vorra logo at the top of the lefthand menu (when you change pages the Vorra logo is only on the front main page). Thats just my 2cents /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.
    Here are some of the backgrounds I like to use tiled
    http://www.jjlaughner.com/images/back2.gif
    http://www.jjlaughner.com/images/greystripes.bmp
    http://www.jjlaughner.com/images/blackstripe.gif
    http://www.jjlaughner.com/images/Corrugat.gif
    http://www.jjlaughner.com/images/fadedbackground.bmp

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I AM NOT THE WEBMASTER!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Just the author................

I noticed the thing being cutoff this morning after everyone started chiming in on it. I didn't see it the first time. I'll have to talk to the webmaster about it though and thanks for the input. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I will probably be putting up some sort of feature article up there after each race, more of an in-depth, special interest type thing such as focusing on one team for a race and telling the story of their weekend.