Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need a frontdrive shaft for the burb !

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by chopped&bobbed77burb, Jun 30, 2006.

1. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

I busted the front shaft on the burb last weekend playing around up at goat mountain . My cv joint is broke , but the shaft and yoke are good . Does anyone have a complete front drive shaft for a sm465/np205 . It also has the 1310 joints and bolts up to the transfer case with good ole u-bolts , not the flange style ;) . I have a furd shaft that I can rebuild but it has the 1330 joints and I would have to get a new transfer case yoke and a dana 60 yoke . If I'm gonna buy yoke's they are going to be for 1350's . I just need this to get by for alittle while untill I can spend the $$$ for a new drive shaft . Even a good used 1310 cv would work . I want to go wheeling this weekend :D Thank's :bow: .

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

wish I could help ya.. I don't have any spare shafts laying around. Wonder how much six states would charge to fix that one ya got? They are supposedly pretty reasonable...

j

3. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

I went down to 6 states yesterday afternoon and bought the parts to fix my front drive shaft ($106.00) . Got a new center yoke and the main H unit that the u joints attatch to (? brain farting today ) and new non greasable joints . These are all spicer parts :bow: . The joint that I killed and helped to destroy my old cv unit was from Baxters but it was a US made joint . They have a life time warrenty so I'm gonna go get a replace ment and kept it with the spares . I think I will only run spicer stuff in the cv unit and what ever else at the axle yoke . I know it's 1310 stuff so maybe that will be a good fuse point and maybe save my 30 spline outers for awhile . I did some clearancing work on the shaft and the cv unit and used some good kendal blu lube during assemble . After bolting the new shaft in , everything looks alot better and I just need to go test it now :D . My next thing is hydro assit .

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

6 states rocks... they either have or can get pretty much any part you've ever needed. When I started rebuilding my 8274 I went to Central 4x4 by GI Joes and they wanted about 40% more ca$h for the Warn rebuild kits that I was buying. Thanks but no thanks!

anyway, glad you got your shaft fixed. Someday you need to get rid of that 1310 stuff though. 1410 is what its all about. :grin:

j