Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I NEED a GM (32 spline)NV4500!!!!

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by ftn96, Jun 14, 2002.

1. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Can somebody hook a brotha up? I need all the pedals, clutch, etc etc. I will have a New TCI 700R4 available from the conversion. Any traders out there? /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

2. calcide

calcide 1/2 ton status

Looks like you are going in the right direction. I blew up 2 of those TCI 700R4 pieces of garbage in my firebird. One lasted 400 miles, the other lasted 1500.

I guess the 305 was too much for them.

The real question is: What does this have to do with GM Diesels?

3. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    The real question is: What does this have to do with GM Diesels?

[/ QUOTE ]
    I had too many windows open at the time and posted it to the wrong forum.
    What was it that went bad with your TCI 700's? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

4. calcide

calcide 1/2 ton status

I'm not a tranny expert, so I can't tell you exactly what went wrong with them. The first one lost second gear, and smelled burned. When I draind the fluid, it smelled bad and was black. The second one went KA-POW on a 1-2 shift and lost first gear. Luckily I was in the middle of nowhere and only had to walk a LONG DAMN WAY because of it. When I pulled the pan off of that one, there were big metal chunks in it. The third lasted until I sold the car, about 4000 miles later. Last I saw the car it was on the side of the road with a big lake of tranny fluid under it. Don't know how many miles it had on it at that point (it was pretty sad, the car was beautiful when I sold it and it was trashed when I saw it), but it was about 2 years later. All 3 were installed the exact same way. IMHO TCI trannys are complete crap. All told, it cost me 2 months without my car (one month for them to warranty it each time), 2 months pay (to buy the tranny and torque converter), and 2 complete days under the car.

All for a tranny that shifted softer than my original.