Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need a height measurement

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cochino12, Mar 17, 2004.

1. cochino12

cochino12 1/2 ton status

I want to add a 4" lift and run 33 or 35" tires but I dont think It will fit in the garage at work. Can someone running a 4" lift tell me how tall it is? Thanks

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I am not at home right now, but mine fits in my garage. I have a pretty short door too. I run 4 inch lift and 33 inch tires. If no one else posts up , I'll measure mine when I get home. I measured once before but I don't remember. My truck is here though and it is about 82-83 inches tall in the rear where I am a bit higher. This is with street pressure 32-35 psi and me juggling tape measure. Hope it helps /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

~ 82 inches...but that is with 38.5 inch TSL's.

4. cochino12

cochino12 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I am not at home right now, but mine fits in my garage. I have a pretty short door too. I run 4 inch lift and 33 inch tires. If no one else posts up , I'll measure mine when I get home. I measured once before but I don't remember. My truck is here though and it is about 82-83 inches tall in the rear where I am a bit higher. This is with street pressure 32-35 psi and me juggling tape measure. Hope it helps /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

great I appreciate it

5. pauly383

Wouldn't be a problem when I get home /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif I asked this of someone here before too( thanks Harley), before I got my lift. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Didn't know you had signed up here. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

A 4 inch spring is 5 inches unless you have a big block. Then it's 4.5. They make them exceed what it's sold as so that if it sags they will not get nailed with a warranty claim.

My 2.5 inch ranchos' and a 1 inche zero rate is 4 inches of lift. Rear is 6 inches. on 35's my truck is about 7ft 3 inches. Standard residential Garage door is 7ft.

7. pauly383

Took me awhile to get home, had to help my sister in-law. Well my garage (used to be carport) I measure from ground to door when raised of 86 inches which is a hair over 7ft , which coincides with what grim reaper said. My truck with 4 inch lift and 33 inch tires fits with several inches to spare. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. cochino12

cochino12 1/2 ton status

hey guys thanks for the measurements. I know it's not going to fit in my garage at home but I think It just might squeeze into the garage at work. It' going to be close though

9. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

79.5" to the highest point on the roof with 33s, 4" BDS springs in the front, and shackle flip in the rear.

Mine won't fit in a 7' door without pulling the garage door up the tracks all the way so it is horizontal.

10. pauly383

[ QUOTE ]
    79.5" to the highest point on the roof with 33s, 4" BDS springs in the front, and shackle flip in the rear.

[/ QUOTE ]

What brand shackle flip? Also does it sit level? My rear came up higher with stock springs and Echobit flip. I sat mostly level before , maybe slightly higher in rear. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

11. CyberSniper

Redneck shackle flip. The truck actually drags butt. It used to have stock 3-leaf springs in the front and it sat level without the shackle flip. When I put the front springs in and the shackle flip in the rear I gained about 6" of lift front and rear (the rear axle hung off the springs for about a week). They slowly sagged over about two months and I suspect I have a little less than 4" of lift in the rear and a little over 4" in the front. Both sets of springs don't have a whole lot of arch.

I can take some pictures if you like. Here is a picture of the shackle flip from last summer:
    [​IMG]

12. pauly383

Interesting. My buddy wants to do his cheaply also. Did you brace behind it where it hangs below frame? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

13. CyberSniper

There is a stock brace that is riveted to the bottom of the C-channel frame. This is what I used for locating where to put the new brackets. There was no measuring done, just a bolt stuck through the hanger and brace. It was then plumbed with the top of the frame. On C10s they don't have this brace, I don't know about other vehicles.

The spring hanger is off the front spring hanger on a 77C20.

For shits and giggles, my Dad and I pried on one hanger to see what happens and if it was weaker than stock. As suspected, the frame actually deflected instead of the brace and hanger. I think it's as strong as stock.

To try to keep the frame from being tweaked we bolted it to my receiver with a single 3/8" bolt.

If I didn't have a spare tire in the way I'd run a brace that went from hanger to hanger.