Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need a Lift!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 71_Tman, Aug 10, 2000.

1. 71_Tman

71_Tman Registered Member

I am going to put a 4" Suspension lift on my 71. Should I go with Warn, Skyjacker, or Pro Comp. Does anybody have any experience with Warn suspensions?

Thanks!

2. ggallin13

ggallin13 1/2 ton status

All of the ones you mentioned are fine. Warn makes great winches, and the lift they make for the TJ is state of the art, as far as Heeps go (which is to the end of the block, if you're lucky![​IMG]).

Of the three, the Skyjacker are the softest springs. You will roll more through corners on the street, but you won't beat yourself to death off road. It is up to you, as far as what kind of ride you like. I prefer stiff myself, but it does take a little getting used to when wheeling. Pro Comp will probably be stiffest.

Check the spring rate list under the tech section, it has great info.

[​IMG]

3. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

rough country is great....stiffer though,,,i like that
    Kelboski

4. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I put on a procomp 2.5 lift and I like it. Its stiff, but I had an old worn out stock set of leaves so I think rebar would have felt stiff.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

5. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

Rough Country has he best prices, thats what i bought, there is a resaon why they are called rough country though...

Ike

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I would hesitate to buy Warn, not because it is a bad product but because they are getting out of the suspension market and discontinuing with Black Diamond. I would think they would still honor their warranty but who could be sure of replacement parts and availability?
    .....later

Rene 81 Jimmy,350,SM465/NP205,FF14 bolt,HD Dana 44,3.73's,4"susp.,35"Grabber MT's,body in progress