Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i need a little help.....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kentucky blazer, Nov 29, 2000.

1. kentucky blazer

kentucky blazer Newbie

colorado k5 is great site and i like to visit it quit a bit. the only problem is, i dont have a k5. my blazer is a 92 so its the newer tahoe looking kind. does anyone know of any good sites for the newer blazer and tahoes? i would trade my IFS front end for a solid axle in a heartbeat...even if that meant getting a k5. i like the k5's a lot better in some ways. thanks for any help and feedback in advance.

2. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

you own a blazer, good enough. throw a solid axle under the front, a coloradok5 sticker on the windshield, and have some fun with it.
    you gotta love the luxuries that your late model has to offer man; ac, power everything, solid, quiet, computer controlled, etc. you shouldnt give that up to feel like you belong.
    just my thoughts on it.
    MTPockets.

3. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Welcome to the club man! I have a 92 Blazer Sport. I love it to death. It's been in the family since new and I don't want to part with it EVER! Here's a GREAT site for you (although they are having server difficulties right now):
    http://www.off-road.com/chevy
    Go to the full size BBS, and ask away. I go there all the time, same screen name as here. Good guys and lots of help. Lots of people here on there, and vice versa.
    The guys on here are helpful no matter what you drive. Although asking questions about a Ford would probably get you skinned, and non-GM questions are a little off subject.
    Welcome aboard and good luck!

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Flowmaster, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's[​IMG]

4. kentucky blazer

kentucky blazer Newbie

hey, thanks a lot for your help. i had actually been to that site before but i just forgot about it. it sorta funny, we have the same mods practically except i went with the rough country lift and i put 4.10s in the front and rear and also kept the stock wheels. did your lift come with torsion bars or do you just crank the stockers? i did a little custom work in the rear instead of using the supplied add-a-leaf. i used new 3/4 ton spring packs and BDS tapered 2 inch blocks. i had 2 cracked leaf springs in the rear so i needed new ones anyway. what tires are you running? i have the Yok. geolander mts

5. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Well, even though we've already been talking on ORC, here's the answer to your questions.
    -I have the Rancho torsion bars. At first I just had them tighten up the factory bars (which were Z71 bars), but they sagged within 2 months back to about the stock setting. So I got a killer deal on the Ranchos and had them put in.
    -I have a 1.5" block in the rear. I want to add another inch or so to make it sit level with the front. I want to see if the ORD 1" spring pack blocks work with the newer trucks. Either that or get some2-3" spring packs for it. I don't like blocks much, even if it is the little bit we are using.
    -I have Pathfinder ATR's. They are the bargain basement AT's that Discount Tire/America's Tire sells. They are available in just about any size, and cheap. I got mine for $100 a tire or so. That being said, they are wearing well, have good sidewall flex, and have taken a good beating from rocks, wood, and curbs and don't show any signs of damage. They do tend to follow the grooves of the road though.

-How do those Geolanders do on and offroad? We talked about the wear already, but how do they handle offroad and on? The tread sure looks like it would tear it up offroad.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Flowmaster, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's[​IMG]

6. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

I am not sure who it is ,but someone offers a solid axle conversion kit for your Blazer. I think it may be ORD athttp://www.offroadunlimited.com.As for having the newer body style, keep it. I wanted one, but they where alittle more than I wanted to spend.

blazen91
    Protect the land FOR the people
    <font color=red>Not FROM the people</font color=red>