Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need a new roof skin!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JeffHK5, Aug 13, 2005.

1. JeffHK5

JeffHK5 1/2 ton status

Can you buy just the top roof skin?

I bought a very clean 77' K5 that someone had started to strip and then lost interest and the whole roof was left bare sheetmetal and is now shot :( :mad:. I will be running a soft top and had thought about going to the pre-76' full top but I cant find a donor for the needed parts.

Thanks, Jeff

2. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

i dont know if you will beabel to find a roof, but i dont see how it wouldent be salvagable unless there are some major rusty holes in it. If it is just surface rust you can clean it up and paint it.

Also another option would be to convert to the earlier style top, and run a top that goes all the way up to the wind shield.

Good luck

3. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I would think you could cut the top skin off a donor, and cut out your top to match, and the donor one could be welded in. Grind the welds and prep for paint. I don't know that I could pull it off and have it turn out perfect, but I know there are many people out there who could.