Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need a np208 transfercase for 86 k5 asap please reply if you have one

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazentank, Jun 3, 2002.

1. blazentank

blazentank 1/2 ton status

My transfercase emploted on me last night while driving down the road the whole thing is ruined even the case if you have one that is working or was working when the blazer was last used please reply i need my blazer back asap the shops around here want up to $1800 and the cheapest we have found so far is a rebuilt one for $700. But i know i can get a good one on here for cheaper than that. i might even buy one from someone that has one that needs to be rebuilt please reply.

2. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

I have a 208 that's out of my wife's 87. I replaced it with a 205 instead of rebuilding it. 2wd works great, but the thing won't stay in 4Hi(I think a shifter problem, but I don't know) and there was more play in the chain from forward to reverse than I wanted in my wife's truck... I've got everything you need to mount it to a 700R4 and the shifter. The Local junkyard will give me $100 credit for it as is. If you want it to rebuild it, it's yours for the same price plus shipping. Let me know. Thanks
    Batmanjr

3. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Ive got one, $100 plus shipping. It was in my 82 K5 untill my brother wrecked it. Worked great. It had a cracked tail housing, but Ive got a new one that Ill give ya with it.

4. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

I have one, I am locally in houston, all it needs is a front output shaft seal replaced, I rebuilt it about 68 months ago, all bearings replaced. It is still in my truck, I will pull it opon request. $ 125 delivered, $100 picked up, I live right before Katy.

5. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

I also have one.

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I have one too.