Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need a part # please

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chaka454, Mar 25, 2002.

1. chaka454

chaka454 1/2 ton status

Hey guys I just finished installing my 14 bolt and now I need to put the driveshaft in but I know I need the u-joint and I got the # from your guys but how about the straps the ones from the 12 bolt dont work on the 14 bolt, anyone have a part # for this? I'm about to go to NAPA and get the u-joint but I need the straps too, any help is appreciated thanks.

2. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

My straps worked for my 14, but i had problems w/ the front. go to the "HELP" section and they will have "universal u-joint straps" they look like the u-bolts for your axle, and have a lock washer and nut, and were about $4

3. bigmack

bigmack 1/2 ton status

The straps from my 12-bolt worked out fine.

4. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

If anyone reads this can you please fill me in. I've been led to believe that the 12 bolt u-joint is smaller than a 10 bolt one. Isn't the 14 bolt u-joint much larger, and if so how would the 12 bolt straps work? If there were 12 bolt axles equipped with larger u-joints this would explain why I got the "wrong" part from NAPA today /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

I just went from a 12 bolt to 14 bolt. Mine took 492-10. I got the wrong one the first time too. Mine also took the 348 u-joint. The u-bolt style is 330-10. Mine took the straps though. Hope this helps