Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i need a quick answer about a 700r4

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shaggyk5, Aug 29, 2000.

1. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

ok...
    my best friend found a 700r4 for sale. (dont tell me how much it sucks, he needs the overdrive right now) he found one for sale, out of a late model(88-95) pickup, rebuilt by a tranny guy, the list of upgrades reads like a JET perfomance ad. no lie, i think he did all the same stuff as them. He is asking $650 for the trans and a new 1800 stall converter. he is firm on the price. should i tell my friend to go for it? or is that too high? I told him id ask you guys and get back to him tomorrow.

oh yeah, its going in a 79 gmc pickup w/ 400sb, 205 tcase, 4 inch lift and 35's

matt

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

2. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

It sounds like a bargain to me. I'd see about getting some kind of money back guarantee if the thing isn't what it's presented to be or unexpectedly takes a dunp on you. Just make sure that it's setup for your friends application (4wd, correct output shaft etc...) A 700R4 shouldn't have any problem with 35's, I wish I had one!