Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need a Rebuildable 350 Block - Do you have one?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by sarazk5, May 13, 2002.

1. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

My engine is giving me major problems as of yesterday. We haven't had a chance to figure out what it is but my b/f thinks it is time to start building a 383 for my truck. I have been waiting for this so I want to jump on it while it is still fresh in his mind. Does anyone have a 4 bolt 350 main for cheap or ??? Needs to be rebuildable of course.

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I gave my buddy a call..but he wasn't home. He has a couple blocks I'll see what he has for ya.

3. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

What happened to the other post that was here? Guess you decided you didn't wanna give it away? hehe. No problem. Actually we would like one that is still put together so that we can number the rods etc. And b/f doesn't want one that has been bored already. Prefer one that we can have bored fresh.
    Useyourblinker: Thanks let me know what your friend has.
    Sara

4. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

Yea sorry about that. Was hoping you hadn't seen that before I deleted it. The bore Is the reason I am having a dilema about giving it away

5. UseYourBlinker

Sorry Sara...just came home from my buddy's house. He has only 1 block left and it's on hold. If the guy doesn't come through and pay for by next week.. I'm next in line.

6. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Are you looking for a pre 86 block with the two piece rear seal? If so I might have one for you. I don't know if it is 4 bolt yet or not but it did come out of a truck so it should be but I can pull the pan and check.

7. The85k5

The85k5 1/2 ton status

ahh i wish i would have saw this post earlier today....my buddy just took a 350 out of a 86 van and dropped it off at the junkyard today! he would have paid u to take it!
    /forums/images/icons/frown.gif sorry

8. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

Yes I need a pre-86 block. For my 79 Jimmy. that would be great if you could check it out. Even better if it hasn't been rebuilt already. Let me know. What part of Cali are you in?

Thanks.. Sara

9. UseYourBlinker

4X4HIGH (Scott) lives in Fremont. If you want his work number send me a PM.

10. BlazenHeart

BlazenHeart 1/2 ton status

We have a 350, I think it is from an 84. But it is not a 4 bolt main. If you think you might want it let me know.
    Kim

11. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

Is it complete? i don't think my current one is 4 bolt. I believe it is just a 2. Do you know if it has been rebuilt before? How much do you want for it. I think you are close to me is that right?

12. 4X4HIGH

Hi Sara. I live in Fremont. I will remove the pan tomorrow and see if it is a 4 bolt or not. It is a complete short block and i do have the heads for it also. It has never been rebuilt before so it is still a standard bore. It does however have a bad thrust on the crank but you won't be using the crank anyway if you are building a 383 stroker.

13. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

Thanks 4x4. How much do you want for it? After doing some research i don't think we'll be building a 383. I don't have the time or the amount of $$ to build one. I think we will just stick with a 350 and get a good cam etc. Shouldn't be too bad to rebuild a 350. I'm not sure how much a crank is, but i will look into it. In the meantime let me know how much you want.... and i would prefer a 4 bolt.

14. 4X4HIGH

Hi Sara. Would you be able to drive down and pick it up? If you're in Sac it should take you about an hour and 40 minutes or so to get here depending on where you are in Sac. As for price, how about you buy a pizza for us and it's yours. By the way, I might have another crank laying around also since you decided you cannot fund the stroker right now. If not, the crank that is in the engine could be fixed easily.

15. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

Thank you! Yes we would be able to come pick it up. Buying a pizza for and driving for 3 hours is a lot better than going to picknpull to pull and purchase a pig in a poke! motor. Anyway... I see that you are a machinist :-) What would you charge to repair the crank? Are the heads good or do they need work done to them valves etc?