Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need a smoother ride

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigblazer433, Apr 5, 2005.

1. bigblazer433

bigblazer433 Registered Member

About 4 years ago when I first lifted my truck I bought a kit from 4wheel Parts that came with front springs and rear 5.5" blocks I sont even think it had a name brand on it. This kit rides rough as hell. I need something with a smoother ride on it. What kit would you all recomend me getting. I know this time I will go with rear springs, as of right now I have an add a leaf in the rear spring pack and I know that isnt helping the ride quality any. Also what shocks would you all recomend. This rough ridin truck is my daily driver so i would really like it to ride smoother.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Did you change the front upper shackle bushings ? Mine always rode fine for me ( its a truck ) , but rode even better , a noticeable difference , by just changing those bushings .

Another thing to do is ditch the rear blocks and add a leaf , and do a shackle flip with a zero rate .

You could also experiment with removing a leave from your front pack .

Generally though , the highr the lift the worse the ride . SO you may want to drop down to 4 inch front springs anyway , and deal with the ride . I drive mine daily , and I have no problems with the ride ( its a truck ) .

Shocks I like are Gabriels .

3. bigblazer433

I dont think I replaced those bushings? It was a while back but i'll look. Is the shackle flip and a zero rate going to give me enough lift without the rear sagging. This truck is by far the roughest ride I have ever seen.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

If you run a full top , and have some decent stock springs . The shackle flip and zero rate will sit perfect with 4 inch front springs .

I run a Echobit flip out back ( they went out of business , do a search ) and avoided having to use a zero rate as that one particular kit sat around 5.5 inches tall .

5. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

If your looking for some springs, I highly recommend BDS springs. They ride nice for lift springs, flex really nicely, and come with a no questions asked, lifetime guarantee. I would use that up front. For the rear, buy some new stock springs, and get a shackle flip from ord. That should ride really nice, plus flex even better.
    -Harrison

6. bigblazer433

I would like to stay with a 6in lift. I am just concerened on if the shackle flip would be enough lift.

7. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

shackle flip + 2" lift springs(ez-rides?) will ride alot smoother than a 6" spring,generally speaking. if you want to keep the 6" lift, i'd get some front bds springs, rear flip +2" ez ride spring. if you think its sagging after that, just add a zero rate