Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need a Tailgate!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chaka73, Jun 8, 2000.

1. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Sorry to post this in here guys, but I need a tailgate real bad my window wont roll down, and in trying to roll it down I broke the handle completely off, I opened it up and the rails that hold the window are all rusted out and falling apart, so I need a tailgate with a good handle and good rail to hold the window, if I could get one in California that would be alot better so I wont pay for the shipping, I could probably drive to pick it up, thanks alot guys.

check out my new site, thanks Steve!
    http://chaka73.coloradok5.com

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Sounds like you may not need an entire gate just the insides most of which can be purchased through cataloges or at the dealership. I have the diagrams for the iner workings and the names of all the parts, but the last guy I sent them to never said thank you . I could however be persuaded to send them to you for such a meager cost, due upon arrival ofcourse

CHICK'S DIG THE FULL TOPPER!!![​IMG]

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Sounds like you may not need an entire gate just the insides most of which can be purchased through cataloges or at the dealership. I have the diagrams for the iner workings and the names of all the parts, but the last guy I sent them to never said thank you . I could however be persuaded to send them to you for such a meager cost, due upon arrival ofcourse

CHICK'S DIG THE FULL TOPPER!!![​IMG]

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Wow I wonder how that happened[​IMG]

5. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Hey bud the check's in the mail already I just need to know for how much, but you know what I was thinking if I buy the inners only they'll probably run me more than a good used tailgate, I've checked prices on some of the inner parts and they are expensive what ya think?

ps. "THANK YOU" see I say thank you.

6. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

have you checked with gm on those window parts? I just got the window channels, the rollers, guides, and other parts at my local chevy dealer. had them in stock. I have a tailgate that works, but i'm in ny. outside handle is available from lmc trucks for 30 something.

your right. I don't understand the jeep thing!

7. CrazeeBush

CrazeeBush 1/2 ton status

I've got a tailgate, too bad I live in Tennessee. The window rolls up and down, but the shell has cracks at the top corners. I'm in process of replacing it as you are reading this.

-JoSH
    crazeebush@aol.com
    http://josh.coloradok5.com

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Hey Chaka I 'm trying to send you that diagram and text but it might take a while,, something about the text screws up my computer for some reason so it takes forever... theres no bug or any thing I think its the operator...later

9. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

My rear window and all the rails and such was replaced for 248.00, the listing for the rails came from the dealer and was about 60.00. You should go to the dealer and at least ask...
    And I have the diagrams and parts list as well and do not require a thank you or any monetary compensation...just ask...

<font color=green>[​IMG]Eagle86K5[​IMG]<font color=red>
    Masonry...It's a Good Thing
    2B1ASK1

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Should be in transit let me know if you get them,,there should be two of them one pic, one text.

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Hey eagle the compensation was the thank you( see my first e-mail to chaka ) and if I can't seem to get mine to work you can send yours, it says that the recievers mail slot is to small it can't recieve stuff so big, and i can't figure how to break it down for him,, so relaxxxx

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

The EAGLE has landed,, go ahead on that EAGLE it sends mine back to me I think it is that chaka has hot mail and the information is to large I can't figure out how to break it up in to smaller segments so go for it bird man!!! Oh and thank you.

13. 73/75 k5

73/75 k5 Registered Member

Hey chaka73 I just e-mailed you about my tailgate. I live in ca also. So if your interested let me know.

sean

14. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Hey Sean I just e-mailed you, I have to go to Fresno this weekend I might be able to pick it up, just let me know how we would go about it, your address or phone # to contact you once I get there, thanks again man.

15. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Hey Rob I did get it, it was kinda small but I blew it up and it looks good thanks again chevyfumes, and you too Eagle.