Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need a Tie Rod

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by BillyBob, Apr 18, 2004.

1. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

OKay, I have a '74 3/4 ton D44 sitting under my K-5 and I need a tie rod BAD /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif. Do you need measurements before you make it? also, what size can I get? I beleive your site suggested 1 1/8" tubing, because I have to use the damned heim joints that lower the rod under the springs /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif.
    BTW- your company sent me a nice big ORD sticker a while back in the mail. I rememeber asking for one when I ordered all my lift parts, but you were out of stock on stickers. I appreciate you remembering my request, even after a year /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Damn, with all I have ordered I have never got a sticker from them. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Get ahold of INTERCEPTOR, he's running a one ton tie rod on his 3/4 ton 10bolt, bolted right in without any hassles. That freaking thing is like 2 inches thick... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

The 1st design D44 is different though. it uses a rod whick slides in from the top and has rod ends that are bent so the rod actually loops under the springs. A straight rod (which is what I have right now) touches the springs.

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

We have the length measurement, but the spring clearance is something you'll have to tell us. We do have an option of using a 3/4 x 7/8 heim which would let us use a 1.25 or 1.5" tierod if you can clear it. You should be able to fit the 1.25 I would think, the 1.5 may be pushing it but that just depends on the springs. We could thread both ends the same and use 2 of the drop down type ends if that's what you want.